Sending her back in.....
1235 6 2015-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

So after talking with support through e-mail for my compass error, they suggested I send it back in for repair.  No biggie, it's getting to that time of year where I'm busier and the weather isn't as nice out anyway.  HOWEVER I have a few questions for those of you that have been through this process before, as I'm trying to learn from those who have had issues in the past.

1) My instructions say "Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries." My batteries are none of those, but should I still NOT include them anyway?
2) Do I need to include the charging cords?
3) The instructions also say "Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, aftermarket SD cards, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products." I have the strong arm mounts installed and can't find the original screws at the moment.  Is this going to be an issue if I leave them on?
4) I have made sure the RMA # is clearly visible all over the box, when I get to the post office are there any special instructions I need to tell them about it?  Or do I just hand it to them and wish for the best?

I'm including pictures of how it was packaged so hopefully they will see that most of us take great care in our products and we expect the same in return.  It's being shipped in its original box that will be inside another box fully lined with padding.

Thanks guys for everything, wish me luck that in 2-6 weeks she's back and working!!  I have faith all will turn out in the end.
2015-11-23
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

When I returned mine ...
-  Sent NO batteries (they requested it that way)
-  No charging cord
-  Not sure if removing the after-market items matters, but I would safely say you need to return the craft "as stock as possible"
-  Post office?  DJI sent me a pre-paid FedEx label.  There was no post office.  Either way, I had FedEx place that number on ALL sides of the box for additional measure.  They had no problem doing it.
-  I also created a "packing list" of what items I included in the box.  This was put inside with the craft so DJI would hopefully remember to put it all back.
-  I sent props

Maybe things have changed.  When I returned mine, they asked for only the original SD card to be included.  They did NOT send it back with the craft though - imagine that.  Good luck.  Positive note - mine returned and has worked just fine since then (knocking on wood).
2015-11-24
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-11-24 13:57
When I returned mine ...
-  Sent NO batteries (they requested it that way)
-  No charging cord

Yeah, I ended up just calling them.  Surprisingly there was NO waiting on the phone for a representative to come on!  He said not to send the battery, props, charging cords, or SD card.  I asked about my strong arm mounts and he said that shouldn't be an issue.  

You were right about the FedEx label, I'm used to USPS stuff so I didn't look at it that closely when I printed it out.  I too did a "inventory" list but in the form of pictures of how the drone was packaged, S/N of both the drone and RC, and the box with the bubble wrap around the original DJI box was surrounded in.  I hope I have as good as luck as you in getting it returned properly and in working order.  Time will tell!!  

Thanks for the reply!
2015-11-24
Use props
luckiegordon
New
Flight distance : 193409 ft

United States

Just did this last week.  
The people on the phone were great.  Very helpful and timely.  Sent it in for cracks -- 5 weeks old --.  The only thing that could be improved is the online system--it sucks--never was updated, always said "waiting for arrival", even after the drone was repaired.  Never said "checked in, in service department, repaired, move to shipping, shipped".  When I called to check on it, the person on the phone told me the different stages, but the online systems never was updated, so I had to call all the time.  It took two days for them to check the drone in, only a day and half to repair it and send it to the shipping department.  I'm very happy with DJI at this point, it has only been gone a week (including shipping) and it's on its way back, should get it Friday.  

Don't know anything about the quality of repair -- will report on that later.   

I just sent the drone, nothing else.  Sent it in the original box, inside another box per their instructions.  DJI emailed me a Fedex shipping label.  It cost me nothing, just 10 dollars to box up the drone.   I'm happy with DJi.....  
2015-11-24
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

luckiegordon Posted at 2015-11-24 22:34
Just did this last week.  
The people on the phone were great.  Very helpful and timely.  Sent it in ...

Thanks luckiegordon!  This will help if I don't see any online updates and not to worry too much.  I figured I'd give it till mid-December and if I don't hear anything back I'll give them a call.  My luck I'll get the bird back and I'll have a "snownami" to deal with in getting out to test flight her! LOL
2015-11-25
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

luckiegordon Posted at 2015-11-24 22:34
Just did this last week.  
The people on the phone were great.  Very helpful and timely.  Sent it in ...

Thanks luckiegordon!  This will help if I don't see any online updates and not to worry too much.  I figured I'd give it till mid-December and if I don't hear anything back I'll give them a call.  My luck I'll get the bird back and I'll have a "snownami" to deal with in getting out to test flight her! LOL
2015-11-25
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Well got her back today! All the stories of it taking forever wasn't the case for me! Doing all the updates now and i started looking at the motors, and sure enough they are the new ones! Hot diggity dog! It was packaged just as it was sent which made me very happy.  So in a few hours I'll get her out and up where hopefully she stays!
2015-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules