Should I buy the Standard or Advanced?
1131 11 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abr89
New

United States

I was going to get the Standard version until I compared the transmission specifications. My biggest concern is that since the Standard version doesn't have the Lighbridge Video Downlink the quality of the video (real time FPV) shown in my phone will have lag and poor quality.

In other words... Does the Standard version have good FPV quality in the phone when the aircraft is at full range?

Any tips or help is welcomed.

Thanks!
2015-11-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The standard does have good FPV ( little better than the Phantom 2 vision plus ).. But for range as well as FPV quality then the Advanced is much better.. Camera and recording wise the P3S and P3A are the same.. All depends on how far you want to fly. Me I would go for the Advanced if you have the budget for it.
2015-11-25
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

It may depend on how much courage you have. I'm terrified when I loose sight of my P3S, so I'm not sure how much value the extra range adds.

For the distances I have flown, the images have been perfectly clear, no lag.

The only value to me would be the increased signal strength at closer range under less than ideal conditions. If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to fly beyond LOS, a standard may be good enough.
2015-11-25
Use props
ozz941
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49163 ft
United States

IMI193 Posted at 2015-11-25 12:33
It may depend on how much courage you have. I'm terrified when I loose sight of my P3S, so I'm not s ...

I agree. I got the standard because the Advanced only offered 1080P and the Standard offered 2.7k. As far as range, I never fly out of LOS.
2015-11-25
Use props
zbdorman
New

United States

The range on the Advanced is better but I have been working with the Standard and have had no issues streaming clear fpv even at range
2015-11-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

zbdorman Posted at 2015-11-25 15:07
The range on the Advanced is better but I have been working with the Standard and have had no issues ...

I've been pretty chicken with mine. It's not only never been out of LOS, I've really never let it get very far away  - period! So, if you're like me and tend to keep it close, you can get a huge bang for your buck with the Standard - it's by far the least expensive of the three P3 models.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-25
Use props
leenanj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned the standard and got the advanced.

Hands down I like it much better.

Much longer range, no more poor signal warning.
The camera record, snapshot and RTH buttons on the advanced controller are worth it alone.
2015-11-25
Use props
leenanj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned the standard and got the advanced.

Hands down I like it much better.

Much longer range, no more poor signal warning.
The camera record, snapshot and RTH buttons on the advanced controller are worth it alone.
2015-11-25
Use props
Noodle
lvl.1

Australia

ozz941 Posted at 2015-11-26 07:00
I agree. I got the standard because the Advanced only offered 1080P and the Standard offered 2.7k. ...

That's no longer the case.
2015-11-25
Use props
ozz941
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49163 ft
United States

Noodle Posted at 2015-11-25 17:35
That's no longer the case.

Good to know.
2015-11-25
Use props
scottdrmyers
lvl.2

Canada

I researched a lot before making my purchase (Standard VS Advanced). I pulled the trigger on the Advanced model due to the firmware update adding 2.7K, Lightbridge, Range, etc, etc. For the extra money it is really worth it.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I would get the Advanced for myself, video transmission and RC signal  is much better on it.
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules