tablet for phantom 3
2016 8 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecriscit
New

United States

Does it matter what kind of tablet I get?  I would like to get a cheap tablet, anything bigger than my iphone.  I also want something cheap so that when I make my new tablet holder for the RC if it breaks I don't loose anything.  I saw some kindle fires for 70 bucks and was wondering if this was a cheap option. WIth black friday and cyber monday in the us, the cheap choices are almost limitless.

I am not even sure if I can tether a kindle to my iphone.
2015-11-26
Use props
scottdrmyers
lvl.2

Canada

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S 8.4" (SM-T700) running nightly Cyanogenmod roms and it works totally fine.

You can get these used for pretty cheap and they have decent hardware in them. The screen size helps out I find for accessing the controls and menu systems.
2015-11-26
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I think here on the web site you can find a list of devices that DJI has tested and verify will work with your Phantom. I don't remember the Kindle Fire being on the list, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

If you look under "support" where you'll find a FAQ and other goodies, you should come across the list of devices known to work - both iOS and Android.

Also, you might check out www.phnatomhelp.com - there may well be a list of devices there as well.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-26
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi,
there is a shop in my Country that sells this tablet with P3P saying it is working fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Med ... aging/dp/B00QLBJI28

I havent had any feedback from actual users but you can look into it,

Roi
2015-11-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Now, while the "Black Friday" stuff is going on, may be the best time to go get a real tablet.  Cheapies do not work.  It needs some horsepower.  Do some research before you settle.  Especially at today's price, I'd look hard at the iPad Mini2.  I don't know if the price will go down later or not, but they aren't bad now.
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
You can check your compatible device list .
iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2015-11-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The iPad Air 2 prices, although still high, should be dropping soon. Ah  just how soon? You ask. . .
Only saying the predicted iPad Air 3  will hopefully be released into our depths, out on the mean streets soon.

When? Sorry, I can not say, but soon. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-11-26
Use props
ecriscit
New

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-11-26 10:30
I think here on the web site you can find a list of devices that DJI has tested and verify will work ...

wow, thank you for that link.  That site makes it so much easier to find the information you are looking for, and with videos and prices to boot.
2015-11-27
Use props
ecriscit
New

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-11-26 16:18
Now, while the "Black Friday" stuff is going on, may be the best time to go get a real tablet.  Chea ...

yeah, i thought about it alot, and thought why am I going to buy a tablet that costs nearly as much as the phantom.  There is an 8 inch tablet for about 129 that fits the bill.
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules