Inspire RC upgrade failed
1746 12 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMetro
New

United States

hi all...

all was working fine til i decided to upgrade.

copter updated fine...when i got to the remote, it started to do it through the go app and downloaded successfully.  when it went to install...it failed.

now the remote has a light blue light on it and the power lights.  can't get it to upgrade through the usb stick.

also...what's weird is it says: current version. 1.5.70, download version 1.5.70  but i can't get it to do anything beyond that.  it's stuck.

help!

2015-11-26
Use props
RGMetro
New

United States

not sure how...but it started working....again...i have no idea why.

the only think i did is after it downloaded...i turned off wifi and it started installing....then i got this error:

RC FPGA error: Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repairing.

i shut down the remote...booted it up and it worked.

don't know how or why...but i would like my 3 hours back.  

glad it's working.  have no confidence in the app update.  i preferred the usb/sd ones.

2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
That's really weird . Please post the update log for further anaysis .
2015-11-27
Use props
geoma.project
New

Poland

Hello,

since yesterday (after updating) I had a similar problem (blue LED).

I lost a lot of time, but I found a solution.

I would add that I work on a tablet with Android (v 4.4.2).

So I made:
1. I disconnected the tablet and RC
1. DJI  GO uninstalled from my tablet.
2. on the tablet I found the folder "DJI" and I deleted it !!!! (this is probably the source of the problem)
3. RC and the tablet switched off.
4. I installed DJI GO again.
5. I connected the RC and tablet.
6. I turned on the RC.
7. I updated the software RC again (this time everything went smoothly).

I suspect that yesterday's update (1.5.70) had errors, today's version (1.5.70) is OK
2015-11-27
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

RGMetro Posted at 2015-11-26 12:53
not sure how...but it started working....again...i have no idea why.

the only think i did is after  ...

I had issues as well updating the TX on android plain and simple I read this thread and gave the apple tablet a try and the download went thru in mins unlike the anroid that would disconnect .I checked usb bugging it was on and Id allow trust but every time the android dumped out one time at 97 percent updated.
I like the usb fw updates as well as for some reason during the android update it kept saying disconnected .

Apple tablet did the trick however I want 4 hours of my life back and 6 hours for the crap downloading the new FW on my p3 as well..
KISS(keep it simple stupid) on the FW updates DJI please your costing us down time on our end forsure.
I have done many FW downloads and these two on the p3 and inspire really tested my nerves this time......

2015-11-30
Use props
hometurf2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137589 ft
United States

MLH Posted at 2015-11-30 21:41
I had issues as well updating the TX on android plain and simple I read this thread and gave the ap ...

I am glad you were able to recover. My problem is similar.
The Go App 2.40 was working with no issue so the new RC upgraded required 2.41 so I updated the Go App.
This is an Android TabS so when I launced the Go App I am not able to enter camera view. It only shows "How to Connect". Mind you no issues until the upgrade.
Now I am grounded because I cannot enter camera view.
The RC will control the aircraft but the app will not enter camera view.
Can anyone help!!!!!!!

I have not had any issues until this 2.41 Go App release.
2015-12-1
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

hometurf2 Posted at 2015-12-1 07:30
The Go App 2.40 was working with no iss ...

I surely think this is a android glitch as it kept disconnecting during the update as the firmware had no issues loading other than it took for ever.
For what its worth I was using a Samsung tab 8s I believe and haven't had any issues with this tablets interface till this upload as well.Not an issue to date updating either bird and I have been messing with DJI product for 2 years now.
The ipad apple 3 I believe was the saving grace here as it loaded the update in mins it was a blessing I had it around as when I bought both platforms I was tight on funds but had two birds in need of viewing tablets so it was a no brainier.One idea is go to best buys buy a ipad 3 load the software and retrun the ipad if not needed.

My question to you is are you running  into the same thing I did where when you would try to start the update it would instantly say update failed and boot you out. This is what happened at least 10 times to me before I sweitched to the ipad 3 and dumped the app after it loaded and reloaded the app and all came back on line.

I sure hope you find a fix as my biggest concern was shipping in for repair over a simple FW update and the time and expense involved. I feel your pain and see if a ipad 3 will load it if one may be available.Example the ipad loaded the firmware upadte in mins compard to the android that took for ever then would disconnect every upload attempt.Kept saying lost network connect and would fail the update  every attempt.......

Man, I was literally at my wits end till I weeded thru a few posts here and tried a few procedure hoping all would fix itself..Finally after hours of my time which pisses me off Both the  inspire 1 and P3 updates finally took but man its a nail biter and Im sure I'am not the only one not happy to constantly apply updates to this aircraft there is enough protocol to follow with out all the baggage of a locked out bird and mandatory updates even though they are necessary its a real pain when your used to a process and it goes a foul like this.

Please keep us updated hope you find a solution as well.
Dont give up and youll wiggle wround this road block hopefully .

2015-12-1
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

hometurf2 Posted at 2015-12-1 07:30

its got to be something surrounding Android and usb debugging.It was like the TX wasnt plugged in to the tablet but it was.
I was getting the same thing the ole how to connect to camera screen.
many re-installs of the new app finally thru process things came back on line and finally the blue toggle showed Connect to Camera.
2015-12-1
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hometurf2 Posted at 2015-12-1 06:30

This worked for me, If you see the "How To Connect" under your model then swipe left or right to another model then swipe back and it should say "Camera" and be highlighted so you can click it and get into the main screen.
2015-12-1
Use props
hometurf2
lvl.2
United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-12-1 18:11
This worked for me, If you see the "How To Connect" under your model then swipe left or right to a ...

I have tried that with no success.
A new update was released yesterday 12 1 with the same result...no camera view.
2015-12-2
Use props
hometurf2
lvl.2
United States

MLH Posted at 2015-12-1 16:29
its got to be something surrounding Android and usb debugging.It was like the TX wasnt plugged in t ...

I do not feel its an Android issue since everything was working until 2.4.1.
I do not get as far as you are getting. There is no RC upgrade message because I cannot get a camera view.
Even if I get the ipad the Go app still is not working for the Tab S
2015-12-2
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

hometurf2 Posted at 2015-12-2 07:20
I do not feel its an Android issue since everything was working until 2.4.1.
I do not get as far  ...

Oh ,man I sure hope you find a solution ...
2015-12-2
Use props
hometurf2
lvl.2
United States

MLH Posted at 2015-12-2 16:38
Oh ,man I sure hope you find a solution ...

still down any expert out there who any special key combo that can relink the  connection. Note : cannot relink using go app since app has no camera view.
2015-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules