Camera Tempature
833 6 2015-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrclmx.gmail
lvl.1

United States

I was up at the cabin this weekend and wanted to take some vids of all the nice new snow. It was about 6 degrees outside and while the camera worked just fine inside

As soon as I took off the app sreen went blank. All of the flight data was still there just no picture. None of the camera controls would work.

Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix?  It seems a shame if the camera will not work when it is a bit chilly out.

It flew beautifully just no video.

Marc

2015-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Can you please indicate which P3 you have? That may influence the answers.
2015-11-28
Use props
MichiganDronePr
lvl.1

United States

Battery error message
Just updated the Phantom 3 Pro firmware and controller to v1.5.70. BIG MISTAKE – Caution!!!
Now I just got a little battery warning error today saying my battery is 3496° C ! So now my battery is hotter than the surface of the sun…
I downgraded the firmware backdown to V1.4, now the battery is cooled off a little. It says now -273°C. So the battery is reaching absolute zero! Zikes!!!
Sounds like the new controller firmware update is wacky. So upgrade this latest firmware with extreme caution!

Happy flying!

Michigan Drone Pros
Carl Turek
2015-11-28
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Can you post a picture of that ? Have you check cables on the gimbal ?
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please, check this thread  out :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-36278-1-1.html
2015-11-29
Use props
mrclmx.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, for some reason I am not receiving emails for replies.

This is on a Phantom3 Pro that I got a few months ago and it has been updated to the latest available firmware.

The bird flew great but the video went blank a few seconds after takeoff. The camera controls also did nothing and there was no video recorded after the first couple of seconds.

I see that the operating specs say between 0 and 40 C but that is only down to 32 deg F. I just can't believe that electronics will just stop working below freezing.

After bringing it back inside for a little at about 50 degrees F the camera and its controls started working again just fine until the next flight outside at about 10 deg F.

I guess no snow pictures on this expensive piece of equipment, very sad indeed.

DJI-Tim. That is a very neat video but I fail to see what it has to do with the camera tempature question. ??  And do these now have zoom?

Marc
2015-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules