Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
Cambodia

hi guys,
i am new to flying and also to the forums,
i have this dj phantom 3 professional which was flying okay,then it started giving problem like the video would go to photo mode and would not change
back to video, my controller phone samsung s3 was giving a upgrade required message, so i downloaded the latest firmware from support site and tried to
upgrade aircraft
which turned to be a failure and i am stuck with a grounded aircraft. the remote controller firmware was updated and i on latest 1.5.70, the controller light is green
only the aircraft battery % and temperature is showing on the monitor, firmware version is not displayed. and red no signal is displayed on top and no video feed .
when i try to update firmware through meory card it keeps on blinking in random green light flashing for some time then red and green for some time again green
i left it for 30 min to 1 hour and even till the battery drained 90% still no luck.
the monitor shows two messages aircraft and battery update required. i have tried all method as posted by various members on this forums.
i cannot find the service.bin file can a member send me a link to me. or any other solution .
regards
gopal
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Gopal
Please download the firmware at this page : http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
And please try another device in the compatible device list .
2015-11-30
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

Cetaman

hi patrik,
i have tried all firmware but no luck, i dont understand this" please try another device in the compatible device list", i am just uploading a video of the error. i want to try service bin file can you share if you have it, i am from india and i have no information of any official seller or service point, so practically i have to get this fixed my self. one more thing what i have noticed is when i connect usb to camera by computer, the drive turns on and off randomly, it will show only for few seconds,so i have to copy file by external card reader.
thanks
gopal
2015-11-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-30 18:32
Hi ,Gopal
Please download the firmware at this page : http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info# ...

Aloha Patrick,

This guy is stuck like I was on the last update for 2.4.0.  I have a Samsung S3 also and was able to do a work-around last time.  This time I am just using my Galaxy Tab Pro.  BTW, it is flying better than ever with the new updates!

If you do not mind, I think I can help him.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

i will be very thankful to all ,mr patrik , mr cetaman and all who are on this forum,i just want my phantom flying, i tried using my google nexus 5 also but no luck.
2015-12-1
Use props
Orac1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I had exactly the same issue. On a hunch I tried the Litchi app and all data was correct so I uninstalled the GO app and downloaded the latest version then reinstalled. Everything was OK after that.
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-1 16:16
i will be very thankful to all ,mr patrik , mr cetaman and all who are on this forum,i just want my  ...

Please try compatible devices in the list .
iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Cetaman Posted at 2015-12-1 16:04
Aloha Patrick,

This guy is stuck like I was on the last update for 2.4.0.  I have a Samsung  ...

Ofcourse I don't mind ! Please tell us what are you going to do with that .
2015-12-1
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

i connected a samsung note3, still i have the same problem, in about rc version is shown, camera N/A and firmware N/A, when i move the aircraft the orientation movements is shown on the monitor,
2015-12-1
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
Cambodia

waiting for a solution. please advice .
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-1 00:27

Aloha Patrick,

Well, can always use it as a door stop!  I am preparing some directions for them from what I have already posted.  It may take a short while.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-1 06:46

Aloha gopal,

Good you are at least stable.  We can work with that.  I am putting together a path and directions.  Hang on!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-1 06:46

Aloha gopal ,

You need to reinstall the DJI Go app on your Android.  There are two DJI Go versions, one small and one large.  You need to load the small one first to get to the large one.  The larger DJI Go app will be the one you will finally use.  

If you are already able to get to the Flight Screen and the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner (and the "About" page), your copy of the DJI Go app may be working well enough to skip the small version download and installation.  But if there are problems you might want to follow all of these instructions for Android.  In any case read all these instructions before you make any decision.

Another problem is there are so many apps in tablets and cell phones taking processor time and memory use from the DJI Go app.  You need to "Force Stop" apps that are not needed for Internet or operation of the Android.  If this is not easy for you find a friend who knows how to get rid of those extra apps that are stealing processor time and memory and see if they can help you.

OK, do not follow links!  That is part of the problem for Androids.  I would email myself the link to the DJI downloads page to speed things up.  Bad move for me and lots of problems - just like yours.  

Instead, use your Android to go to the DJI web site and open it up.  (Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection.)  Then instead of going directly to downloads, go to the product page for the Phantom 3 Professional.  (This extra step gets you embedded deeper in the web site.)  Towards the bottom, to the left of the "BUY NOW" tab is downloads.  Open up downloads.  Download the Android version from "Get it on Google Play" and install it.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android, plug in the cable connecting your Android to the Remote Controller and reboot after about 30 seconds.
     This is the small version of DJI Go (50-60 MB) and it will not work properly unless you reinstall the larger version over it.  But, when you install the small version, you can get into the DJI Go app (what you need to do if "DJI Go Stopped!").  Then you immediately navigate to the "About" page, as described next, and at the bottom is the DJI link to the DJI web site.  This is a special link to the larger version of DJI Go.

To get to "About", press "Enter Camera View" as soon as it appears.  The Flight Screen will appear.  Because you have an Android, ignore instructions to load an update.  Close the Preflight Checklist if it opens.  Go straight to the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner.  Open Flight Options.  The first page will have "About" at the bottom.  Open About.  At the very bottom of the About page will be a link to the DJI web site.  Go to the DJI web site.  Navigate to the downloads page - it is easy.  Download another copy of DJI Go and install it.

This is the larger version (over 90 MB).  Install it over the smaller version you are using.  If it asks if you want to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  It may also ask if you want the new parts or all new copy, say all new copy.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android and restart after about 30 seconds.  

When the Android is up and running, start the Remote Control.  The cable connection should open the new larger DJI Go app.  Once you get to the white page, enter camera view.  Then shut down the Remote Control and then your Android.  After 30 or so seconds restart the Android and let it boot up completely.  Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection again.  When the Android is up and running, go into application manager again and close down all non-essential apps again.  Uninstall the apps you do not need for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Force Stop those you do not uninstall that are not needed for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Check again if your Internet connection is working well and use the close apps tab to the left of the wake-up button at the bottom.  Close all apps.  Then turn on the Remote Control and DJI Go should load automatically because of the USB cable linking it to the Android.  If it does not, allow this to happen (connect as a media device) and restart the Remote Control.  The DJI Go app should load.  Do not start the P3.

After the DJI Go app is loaded, press "enter camera view" and you should get to the Flight Screen.  Open the "Flight Status" page (top middle tab) this time.  There it will say updates needed (top line).  Load the update (this updates the Remote Control).  When it is done, shut down the Remote Control and then the Android.  Then after about 30 seconds restart the Android.  When the Android is finished loading and you have closed all unnecessary apps, start the Remote Control and when the DJI splash screen displays for the DJI Go app on the Android, start the P3.  

Everything should be working now.  If there should be any sort of problem at this stage, your system is still trying to complete linking between the 3 minicomputers (Android, Remote Controller and P3).  Shut down the P3 and then the Remote Control and wait for 30 seconds again, then restart the Remote Control and then the P3.  Continue this a few times until you figure out the problem or it works.  Next, Calibrate the Compass, IMU and Remote Controller Sticks.  Then FLY!  Let me know how it goes.

These instructions may change as DJI makes firmware improvements.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-1 00:27

Aloha Patrick,

The instructions are posted just above this to gopal.  Got to pick up my HDMI screen for the HDMI module.  Exciting times!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
Cambodia

hi Cetaman, patrick and others on the forum,
thanks cetaman for the long instruction and seieng time for it, all the mobile devices i have tried are formatted and only new dgi go app is installed, the big one, i am a
mobile phone technician by profession so getting different phones is  not a issue.
what i feel is somehow the camera firmware is corrupted or bricked as the gimball calibration goes ok and at particular time if i give take off command from mobile rotor
runs for few seconds.
i need to some how put the firmware in the camera, is there any hardware method or can i program the aircraft with usb. when i plug in my aircraft usb terminal it is detected.
i tried removing the cables to the gimball and connecting it back , initially monitor gave some error message saving pin 8 is loose,was resolved once i put the connector back firmly.
i did not remove the camera to gimball strip as it looked very delicate and breakable.
as in my first post i have mentioned the problem started with the camera, what are the chances the camera is bricked.
i have never flown this device without the monitor. is it possible to fly only the aircraft without  gimball and camera.
another question if i manage to get another working aircraft can i swap the working camera unit just to program my aircraft( as aircraft firmware is also showing N/A).
I do not want to end up bricking the other aircraft also if i manage to get one by begging from other p3 owners.
thanks
gopal
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-1 15:54
hi Cetaman, patrick and others on the forum,
thanks cetaman for the long instruction and seieng time ...

Aloha gopal,

What your information indicates is a problematic DJI Go install.  There are numerous threads reporting the same problems you are having.  You are discussing Android devices and with the exception of the Note3 they are all non-compliant, which makes even more problems.  Non-compliant Androids can be made to work but it is tricky.  If you do not jump through all the hoops to make a non-compliant Android work, it is just a doorstop as far as a P3 is concerned.

The .bin files you are asking for are not available since the installs all occur through the DJI Go app.  DJI would have to write a special .bin file for you to give you what you want and there is no assurance that it would work for you since all indications are that you have a faulty DJI Go install.

What you could do is let us know what firmware versions and DJI Go version are reported on the "About" page.  That would tell us something.  As a clue the latest RC firmware version after a good install is not 1.5.70.  We cannot help you unless we get information just like you when fixing mobile phones.

As for your other questions; there are threads about flying a P3 without camera and gimbal.  If you can buy a new camera for your P3P, you can swap camera / gimbals with another P3P.  But you have to do it properly or it can backfire on you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

hi guys,
today i was able to download new app 2.4.2 on my nexus 5, still no signal, but firmware is being displayed, aircraft is showing 1.19+ ,rc is showing 1.5.70, i am not able to update aircraft,camera and battery firmware, now i think half of the problem is solved. on the support site samsung note3 and mi pad is shown, but when i try to download through dji go app i get message device is not supported. i even tried on iphone 5 still no signal, need to try on few more devices,
thanks again
gopal
2015-12-2
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-2 01:56
hi guys,
today i was able to download new app 2.4.2 on my nexus 5, still no signal, but firmware is  ...

Aloha gopal,

When the message says your device is not supported it is because of a security issue not a real incompatibility.  In another thread about this question an Android flier said he fixed the security problem and installed the app.

Now the 1.19+ aricraft FW number is a problem.  You have to update that aircraft firmware to 1.3.20 before you can use the all-in-one 1.4.0010 firmware which prepares the P3 for the latest firmware 1.5.0030.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-2
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

i tried firmware 1.2.6, 1.320,1.40 and latest 1.500300, it will blink green for some time then red and green (flashing indication) again green blink, this will keep on going on, i dont get flashing error red, in the sd cadd no log is created , only dcim and couple of calibration folder is created, memory card shows 0mb available. some tings i have noticed when i put different firmwares in sd card is with 1.1.9, 1.2.6 and 1.32.0 the idication light blinks red 5 times then only green blinks for some time, if i put 1.4.0 or 1.5.030 the light blinks green for some time fastly then red and green again green blinking for some time.
thanks
gopal
2015-12-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-2 23:27
i tried firmware 1.2.6, 1.320,1.40 and latest 1.500300, it will blink green for some time then red a ...

Aloha gopal,

Do you get a beep  ****  ****  **** like that for 1.2.6?  Or do you get a beep like ^  **  ^ **  ^ **?  The green camera / gimbal light will also blink alternately red  green  red  green.  Are you getting that?

Most important, is the .bin file up in the root directory alongside the DCIM folder?  Is there a .txt file also in the root directory?  If a .txt file is in the root directory, it can cause a lot of problems.  

Just today, after everything was working great, I mistakenly put an SD card in my P3 with the 1.4.0010 .bin file in it and if you will recall, this new upgrade will allow you to downgrade to the 1.4.0010 firmware.  Just a stupid mistake but now I have to fix an interrupted fw install.  That P3 is beeping . . . actually it is screambeeping like I am trying to kill it!  Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-3
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

when i am putting lower firmware it gives small beeps for few seconds, only once when i i put 1.320 it beeped for few minutes and stopped when i just moved the aircraft but flashing light was green fast blinking and 5 times red blink slowly.i think the folder is generated only if i turn rc on.
regards
gopal
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-3 18:10
when i am putting lower firmware it gives small beeps for few seconds, only once when i i put 1.320  ...

Hi ,
Please try update again as the guide shows : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... e_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf
Try it with another SD card . And if that fails please post the upgrade log there .
2015-12-3
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

hi patrick, i joined this forum only after reading all tips in various forums and after trying all suggested method, like trying new sd cards, various format, various firmware etc, what i have noticed i the firmware never tries to update even though it shows red and green light blink, not a single time i have got the red light for flashing error or solid green for complete, so the log file has never been created.
i had uploaded a video of the error but now it is not showing, think moderator deleted it.
thanks
gopal
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-4 16:36
hi patrick, i joined this forum only after reading all tips in various forums and after trying all s ...

Hi ,Gopal
Sorry for late response  .  Please contact local dealer about this .
2015-12-8
Use props
gopalg73
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

i was wondering why this forum is slow and only i am facing this issue, i just got a new boxed dji p3p removed the camera and gimball unit interchanged it my now grounded aircraft and, wow it is flying now,
i need to purchase a new motherboard for camera and gimball if available, as i even interchanged the camera and gimball it is working fine, my conclusion is the sd card reader controller is defective, i would be able to repair the mother board if it was available and i had the time.

thanks all i am now going to be a dji repair professional,dji support never replied to my mail or chats.......................
regards
gopal
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gopalg73 Posted at 2015-12-8 16:49
i was wondering why this forum is slow and only i am facing this issue, i just got a new boxed dji p ...

Sorry about that !  Please click the "Reply" icon so  i can find your message . About that email , would you please give me your ticket number ?
2015-12-8
Use props
alexzattelman
New
Flight distance : 102743 ft

Australia

I am having this very same issue. So it ended up being faulty hardware  in tne sd card reader controller
2016-1-24
Use props
alexzattelman
New
Flight distance : 102743 ft

Australia

I purchased a p3 pro. I think it was older stock fro  arou d june 2015. Having this same issue exactly...
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules