H3 3D gimbal trim
1447 4 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wiperdog
New

United Kingdom

Hi im a new phantom 2 owner with H3 3D gimbal. Its attached and working, however it is trimmed at around 45 degrees down and the remote control wheel only moves it a few degrees up and down (and it always retiurnd to the origional low setting. Anyone know what im missing here?
thanks
2014-12-26
Use props
mephis.bell
New

United Kingdom

I'm having that EXACT same problem........as soon as it finishes to stabilise, it points about 50 degrees down, and does not level off in a straight and level attitude. it just points down...............
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerard Nijenbri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

On start-up my GoPro is facing 45 degs downward as well. Not a big deal, however a horizontal starting position would be nicer in my opinion.

In order to use the whole 90 degs of travel (from 45 degs up to horizontal, and then down to straight vertical, I had to change the 'Horizontal Limit' and the 'Vertical Limit' in the Advanced > Gimbal section of the Assistant software. Both are now at value '0' (which is exactly horizontal at the right end of the tilt-dial to exactly vertical at the left end).

Gerard
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerard Nijenbri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

These are my settings:
tilt.jpg
2014-12-28
Use props
adamshuntington
lvl.1

United States

Happy Holidays!  It is angled downward so it doesn't capture the rotor blades in the FOV.  If you want to increase the rotating range of the the gimbal, download the apps for the P2 and the RC... if you have a Mac, you'll have to disable the app download security in the security settings.

Plug the P2 in to your computer and using the app you can increase the rotating speed and range of the gimbal.  You do not want to reestablish a new default point because of the reason presented above coupled with the fact that I don't think you can.   Play around with the app and the X1 setting.  

Gerard posted a good screen shot.  I have a lot more range now after modifying these settings.
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules