SD card will not stay in??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawnide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55341 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have taken the DJI Phantom 3 Standard up around 7 times, each time removing the SD card to grab the footage. I went to fly this morning, and it will not take the SD card. The card looks perfect. When I push the card in, it does nor latch in place. Has anybody else had this issue?
2015-12-2
Use props
xboxmaniac7
lvl.1

United States

When I first unboxed my phantom 3 standard the other day, the SD card would not come out. I had to use what fingernails I had to gently pull on it and when I put it back I removed it a couple more times and now its fine.. I know it's not exactly related to the problem you are having but It was similar I guess...
2015-12-2
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

xboxmaniac7@gma Posted at 2015-12-2 16:02
When I first unboxed my phantom 3 standard the other day, the SD card would not come out. I had to u ...

I've seen your problem is pretty common.  I would rather have that problem, so I could at least record something.
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Shawnide
Please try that with another card . Thanks !
2015-12-3
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I tried 3 different cards, and none of them will latch.  I pushed them as far as they can go and they just launch out of the camera like a blow dart. I just bought it on Wednesday, so I am going to exchange it for a new one.
2015-12-3
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Updating the new bird now!!
2015-12-3
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, what was the fix? Did you replace your bird?
2015-12-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use to do the same thing with the same result. This happens with all cameras. Use just a bit of pressure when inserting the card. Push in lightly until you feel a very slight click and ten release your pressure. It will lock in place. It may take a few tries. Eventually it will lock. You are not damaging anything. This is normal.
2015-12-3
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-12-3 20:07
So, what was the fix? Did you replace your bird?

Replaced my bird...
2015-12-4
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

This is a common occurrance with Phantom 3's.   SD card slot failure.  Same thing happens with cell phones.

The only fix is a warranty repair.  RARELY will trying another card resolve the issue.

A temporary fix consisting of a special clip is available from aerostarengineering.com
2015-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules