lvl.2

Thailand

p h a n t o m 3 | p r o f e s s i o n a l
2015-12-7
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Cool Video.Great perspective. (could have been expensive )
2015-12-7
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Very cool.  Nice job!!
2015-12-7
Use props
JonE5
lvl.2

United States

very cool, but not sure i would have done the same and risk getting blown out of the sky.

Cool footage none the less.
2015-12-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Set phasers on stoned Mr. Spock.
2015-12-7
Use props
elvolo
lvl.1
United States

Amazing video!  But could I ask why you chose to fly INTO the fireworks?  I know I wouldn't have been as daring!
2015-12-7
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

wow very daring....
2015-12-7
Use props
rcgbalthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Why fly into the fireworks? Because its great! And if I could afford the risk I'd do it too
The video quality sure is a big leap from last the P2 Gopro!
Probably a big difference in editing skills too

Here's mine, didnt fly into it but I really really wanted to

2015-12-7
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was unique...but what would have happened if it were damaged and fell into the crowd below? I think there would be a good chance of hurting someone.

Butch
2015-12-7
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-7
Use props
JonE5
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-7 15:29
What would have happened if one of the fireworks didn't launch correctly? It would have been like  ...

While there is always risk attending an F1 racing event, should a catastrophic wreck occur, sitting in the stands vs walking out onto the track are 2 much different levels of risk.
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Nice firework ! Amazing !
2015-12-7
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-7 15:29
What would have happened if one of the fireworks didn't launch correctly? It would have been like  ...

I guess we accept that possibility knowingly going to a firework display... but we would not expect a quad copter falling on our heads… that is not part of the deal.

Butch
2015-12-7
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You guys need to settle down.  There's MUCH more risky fireworks flights than this on youtube.  Look  around.  Some of them are going within inches of the camera.
Here.  This one may make you blink a few times.  Don't blink, because some of them go by the lens so fast, you'll miss them!
2015-12-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

...and be aware.  That video appears to have been shot with a Go-Pro, so, as they say, objects are closer than they appear.
2015-12-7
Use props
BigRedBen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-8 02:47
When we go outside ,or in our houses for that matter...we would not expect a jumbo jet to crash dow ...

Risk is an interesting thing, people will often happily take risks themselves when they have a choice about it, whether it be by smoking, or driving too fast, or skydiving etc. When you fly your drone recklessly the difference is that the person who has the risk factor (the unknowing bystander that gets 3lb of drone on their head) has not consented to that risk. Whats more in a lot of these situations the pilot themselves is away from the action and has no risk to himself at all. Only a few days ago here in the UK we had a kid lose his eyesight because of a irresponsibly flown drone so these things aren't toys and have to be flown with the appropriate level of responsibility.

FYI: Firework shell miss-fires happen occasionally, they aren't that big of a deal because the area the fireworks are being launched from is controlled, people are wearing protective gear, and they have correct equipment to deal with the risk.
2015-12-7
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-7
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not about to launch mine into the midst of all of the explosions, but the video is fantastic.  The one at 47 seconds had to be extremely close.  Note, neither of these videos appear to have been shot over any crowds, and in fact, appear to be over water.  I think the only risk was to the drone.
2015-12-7
Use props
BigRedBen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-8 05:07
Don't get me wrong.  I'm not about to launch mine into the midst of all of the explosions, but the v ...

If we are talking about the first video, at around 0:55 where he is flying into the fireworks he clearly has enough forward speed that if one of the shells had disabled or damaged the drone it would have had enough inertia to fall forward into the crowd, regardless of what was below the drone at the time. Doesn't require much imagination.
2015-12-8
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-7 20:47
When we go outside ,or in our houses for that matter...we would not expect a jumbo jet to crash dow ...

OK...no more argument... but putting others in danger  is not what we are about.
2015-12-8
Use props
DerikAlles
lvl.2

United States

Sometimes it's worth the risk to get great shots no one would have ever seen otherwise.

Loved that you post edited in the fireworks sounds. Good job at most of the timing!
2015-12-8
Use props
KaiserSoze9
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nice work!
2015-12-8
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-8
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-8
Use props
Yoshduck
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Very impressive! Jack!  You are brave
2015-12-11
Use props
Jack
lvl.2

Thailand

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-12-12
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-12-7 21:40
I guess we accept that possibility knowingly going to a firework display... but we would not expec ...

This is pretty much why the FAA in the US is holding us to higher standards.  Maybe in Thailand this is ok, in the US, not so much.  
2015-12-15
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-8 00:07
Don't get me wrong.  I'm not about to launch mine into the midst of all of the explosions, but the v ...

Yep, night flying is not something we can legally do over here.  Too bad, very nice video.  I'm a commercially rated pilot and they would boil me in oil for breaking a regulation.  
2015-12-15
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

BigRedBen Posted at 2015-12-8 08:29
If we are talking about the first video, at around 0:55 where he is flying into the fireworks he c ...

I'm with you too....great video, incredible risk acceptance on behalf of the crowd.  
2015-12-15
Use props
Drone Piloting
lvl.1

Italy

Cool video!
2015-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules