DJI Phantom Flight App
1734 10 2015-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

Hello all Phantom 3/Inspire flyers,

The DJI Phantom Flight App has been reworked over the past 2 months and is much improved.  It now includes several POI algorithms, follow-me, orbit, full ground station, the best find-my-drone features, and may more features.

It's now the fastest app to use when creating complex POI flight plans in the field.  You can create complex zipline, cable cam, selfie, orbit shots  quickly in the field or plan them ahead of time.

Checkout a complex POI flight plan created on the go here:

Please try it out and send feedback to me, brad@beyondthecube.ca

Get it here:  http://txpower.beyondthecube.ca/  

-Brad

2015-12-7
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can the waypoint flight be programed on the ground before the flight?
2015-12-7
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2015-12-8 11:43
Can the waypoint flight be programed on the ground before the flight?

yep waypoints can be preprogrammed and saved on the ground.  You will get a more accurate flight if you fly to program the waypoints.  Google maps and the gps location will always be off by several feet.
2015-12-7
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

Improved gimbal control code released today.  It's currently available on Android and will be available on iOS in about 7 days.  Here is a video from today's tests showing the autopilot gimbal code in action:

2015-12-8
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Will it work with P3P firmware newer than 1.04.0010?
2015-12-8
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

phinchman Posted at 2015-12-9 06:25
Will it work with P3P firmware newer than 1.04.0010?

Yep these videos are with the newer firmware.  When starting a new flight plan the new firmware will cause the drone to ascend/descend before starting.  1.0.04 firmware will cause the drone to fly towards the first waypoint while ascending/descending.
2015-12-8
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

Another video showing panoramic flight plans, circle flights (preplanned orbits), and poi circle flights:

2015-12-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Brad,

Before I buy this and put it on my bird, how is this better or different than Litch or Ultimate Flight?

Jerry
2015-12-10
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-11 02:09
Brad,

Before I buy this and put it on my bird, how is this better or different than Litch or Ultima ...

This is a much simpler app and is meant for quick photo shots.  If you want to preplan detailed missions the other apps are better.  However you can create very accurate waypoints (fly to position) or preplan and execute flights with multiple heading modes  quickly with this app.  Less planning and more flying to get great shots.  It also does not crash.
2015-12-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

bradreid20@gmai Posted at 2015-12-10 14:03
This is a much simpler app and is meant for quick photo shots.  If you want to preplan detailed mis ...

Brad,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it may be a bit different. BTW, Litchi doesn't crash on me.

Jerry
2015-12-10
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-11 04:51
Brad,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it may be a bit different. BTW, Litchi doesn't crash on m ...

Here is another demo video from today:

All these flight modes and the ones from the video above can be created on the go in literally 10seconds (once you know the app).   The app is really for quick POI flights.
2015-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules