new v3 controller
1079 5 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpools
New

United States

We just unpacked, set up and flew our brand new Vision2 + 3.0 quad and what a blast !
Question is, it came with an outdated manual I guess and it talks about 2 aa batteries for the controller. No battery compartment and the quick guide says to charge the controller. I am guessing that the port at bottom of controller is for usb charging , but just want to make sure. Has anyone else recieved the old manual with the new version? And there is no explanation for the wheel at the top right of the controller. I saw a post here that said it is a gimbal control. is that accurate.
Thanks so much for any help!

2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Download the manual from DJI.
2014-12-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

I am also new to the phantom 2 v3. You flew it before you even learned how to charge the controller? I have read so many peoples fly away, crash and other issues and find 99% of them are from things like what you are posting. Do yourself a favor and learn the thing 100% before you are one of those write ups.
2014-12-26
Use props
tpools
New

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2014-12-27 08:23
I am also new to the phantom 2 v3. You flew it before you even learned how to charge the controller? ...

the controller was fully charged , it showed full batt strength. I would never take it out with out knowing it was fully charged. Now its not, that's the issue. All videos and the included manual show a aa batt set up for the controller. Mine does not have that. It must use the usb port on bottom. I guess I will download updated manual from DJI.
2014-12-27
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Make sure the wifi extender is fully charged too. It's charge state is reported in the app when you log on.
2014-12-27
Use props
tpools
New

United States

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-28 00:25
Make sure the wifi extender is fully charged too. It's charge state is reported in the app when you  ...

Found all the info on the remote online. All good. Same usb connection for the range extender and the remote.  Great led indicator so should not be a problem. New controller also has thumb wheel for the camera gimbal. Real nice. Don't have to use the app for that now!
2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules