Taking P3 on flight and cruise
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Im sure this question has been asked before. Im taking a 8 day cruise next week and I plan on taking my P3. Its in a Seahorse yellow case which has to be "checked" for bags. (to big for carry on). I plan on placing it inside a normal suitcase to protect the case and also to hide its appearance. It will have TSA locks on the case, but not the suitcase. Most people when they see a hard case like that they assume its for expensive equipment, etc. and the risk of theft goes up. Anyhow.. Who has taken there drone on a cruise lately and what was the results? Im Cruising on carnival Conquest.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure to carry the batteries as carry on and not checked.
better yet, for travelling the hard shell backpack works great.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise last year.It was amazing!  I was going to take my Phantom but decided at the last minute not to. Seemed like too much hassle, so I just enjoyed the Cruise with my wife and kids.

Dave
2015-12-8
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Better check. Most cruise lines have a no drones requirement and won't allow them onboard.
2015-12-8
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-12-9 04:17
Better check. Most cruise lines have a no drones requirement and won't allow them onboard.

I checked Carnivals rules. They say "No radio controlled "toys", but farthur down the list under "exceptions", "drone cameras" can be used ashore. Also Ive seen recent youtube videos of others taking there P2Vplus on a carnival ship and used it ashore. So I do know carnival allows it.

Personally. I have not made the decision yet. I have 4 days to think about it. This will be my 27th cruise, and Ive driven to 99% of and there will be others. Next one I do plan on driving. I already know about the batteries and airplanes.
2015-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules