DJI Go madness
1273 3 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

I have a problem with DJI Go which is out of this word and my post will me lengthy to explain what happened.
When I got my P3A I wnted to used a Nvidia Shield Tablet but this tablet was sold out everywhere (it was still available from some scalpers selling it at $450.00 instead of the normaol price of $299.00). I decided to wait and borrowed an iPad with which I activated the P3A. I flew using the iPad for a month or two while waiting for the Nvidia tablet to reappear. I replayed a few flights to see what it was all about (at the time the app was the DJI Pilot).
The first time I tapped the airplane icon to display the log I was not asked to login - I suppose because I activated the P3A from that tablet.

As the Nvidia Shield tablet was not reappearing on the market I got a brans new Nexus 7 2013 and flew some 150 times with it. At no point during this time did I replay a flight. I just flew, took pictures, mades movies but never logged in my account from the tablet. I read on the DJI forum but never registered.

Now that the Nvidia Shield Tablet reappeared as the Nvidia Shiled Tablet K1 I just got one which I received in the last few days. I made a few flights, mainly with the Vertical app. I made these flights in the evening when it is dark, windy with a lot of gusts surrounded by buildings. For this reason I just put the P3A in hover, placed the tracking box on myself  and ran around to see if the P3A was traking me properly. It looks pretty cool and cannot wait for the weekend to make a real test.
Yesterday I discovered Dashware and decided to give it a try. I first tapped the airplaine icon from DJI Go to review my flights and had to login in my DJI account. After reviewing the flight I realized that it was not really worthwhile as the flights were only a few minutes long and consisted mainly of hovering. I also took the opportunity to synch the flights (first time I did since I own the P3A).

As I have a bunch of flights on the Nexus I decided to use the txt log files from that tablet to test Dashware. The first thing I did after reconnected the Nexus was to sync the flights as never did it from the Nexus and even never loogged into my DJI account from the Nexus.
I tapped the airplane icon on the DJI Go and started to hallucinate:
I was not asked to login.
When the flight log appeared the avatar was not mine but someone else{:2_36:} !!!
I synched the flights, switched to the Nvidia, synched it and sure enougth my Nexus flights are not there, they must be in the cloud of this someone else.
How come such a thing is possible? Remember: I never logged into my DJI account from the Nexus, the Nexus was a new unit, at some point I even restore it to its factory defaults without restoring from the Google backup (I reinstalled the DJI Go and reconfirured it in order to have a clean state) and no one but myself used the Nexus.
I still would like ti sync the flights from the Nexus. How do I log out from this someone else DJI account in order to be able to log under my name?

Thanks for your help, Jean-Claude

2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you still unable to log into your account, if you try a different device, does it still show the incorrect account?
2015-12-11
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

Hi Ken,

On the Nvidia Shield K1 which I just received I had to log the first time I tapped the airplane icon and I logged into my DJI account - after resetting my forgotten password as the only time I logged into my account when I activated the P3A sometime in May using a borrowed iPad.
The problem is with the Nexus which I used between June and last week before receiving the K1 tablet.
I never logged into my account with the Nexus. After starting using the K1 tablet I had to check something with the Nexus.and when I tapped the airplane icon I was not asked to login which surprised me and I fell out of my chair when I realized I was logged into the account of someone else.
I have 2 questions:
1. How such a thing is possible?
2. How do I logout from the Nexus so I can login with my own credentials?

Jean-Claude
2015-12-11
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

I did not figure out what really happened but as Marshmallow has been released for the Nexus 7 2013 I installed Marshmallow and set it up from scratch without restoring anything from a backup: totally clean install.
Clicking on the airplane icon finally asked me to login to my account. The only thing lost are my flights and thus cannot synchronize them.
It would be nice if DJI could implement an account logout feature in the DJI Go application.

Jean-Claude
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules