FAA is going to have us register our UAV's
1361 16 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Well folks I guess we all (USA) have to register our UAV's by February 17th I believe. If they weigh between 0.55/ 50lbs. I hope my Nano don't weigh 0.55 lbs. The FAA will charge 5.00 after that who knows what , like everything else the cost will keep going up and up. So I am thinking about selling my three UAV's and getting out of this hobby.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
2015-12-14
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"The FAA will charge 5.00 after that who knows what , like everything else the cost will keep going up and up. So I am thinking about selling my three UAV's and getting out of this hobby."

$5 for three years, for any number of drones, free if paid before Jan 20 and that's enough to drive you out?
Sounds like you weren't really into the hobby in the first place.
2015-12-14
Use props
Drone Wanderer
New

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-14 15:13
My P3 weighs 56lbs so im good. They can go straight to hell. I thought they said it wasnt going to c ...

Ooo you probably don't want to know this but UAS over 55 lbs can't be classified as a model aircraft. So, congrats on being a civil aircraft pilot! Sorry that your registration will be a much larger PITA than a regular P3.
2015-12-14
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-14
Use props
Drone Wanderer
New

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-14 19:38
There i changed it. Am i good now?

Hell yeah! You should start selling a kit for that weight reduction mod
2015-12-14
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-14
Use props
pilot222
lvl.2
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-12-14 15:40
"The FAA will charge 5.00 after that who knows what , like everything else the cost will keep going  ...

Watching this post for further information.
2015-12-15
Use props
Jerrymoran
New
Flight distance : 239754 ft
Panama

Hello everyone, I live in Panama, Central America,  and plan to take my DJI Phantom 3 pro with the DJI Backpack... I would like to know if there are any restrictions as I enter the US customs if I carry the drone in the backpack. Somewhere I read that lithium batteries are not allowed to take with you on the plane. Another thing would be concerning the registering my Drone. I plan to fly it in Bradenton and Tennesse (a cabin far from civilization...). I am only going for a week on vacation..Should I register the Drone?
I would appreciate if someone would give me some pointers.
2015-12-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-14 21:07
Its in the works as we speak.

I sw your change from 56 pounds to .54 pounds. You should still check your scales!
On a not-so-accurate pair of vegetable scales, my P3Pro weighs 2 pounds.
On a very accurate food scale, the battery for said P3Pro weights 12 ounces (.75 pounds).

I refuse to get involved in the registration squabble. If you want to know whether i registered or not, I guess the Freedom of Information Act might help you out - eventually.

And please, note that I didn't call you names, dispute your ancestry or insult your intelligence.
This thread certainly cleaned out the dusty corners, didn't it? LOL

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Jerrymoran Posted at 2015-12-15 07:22
Hello everyone, I live in Panama, Central America,  and plan to take my DJI Phantom 3 pro with the D ...

As far as transporting your Phantom batteries - I would check the web site for the airline you intend to utilize. From what I've seen here lately, it appears you *can* transport a battery in your Phantom and even extra batteries on most airlines. They also seem to imply you CANNOT check your batteries - they must be hand-carried only.

Again, don't take the "legal advice" you see here - check with the applicable airline.

Unfortunately, even that doesn't necessarily "insulate" you from an overly-aggressive TSA employee!

If you're in the right place in Bradenton, you might be able to fly out over part of Tampa Bay. There's a huge bridge there. Other than that, there isn't much scenery - that area is as flat as the proverbial pancake!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-15
Use props
Drone Wanderer
New

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-14 20:07
Its in the works as we speak.

I figured out a way around the 0.55lbs takeoff weight rule.
Build an army of drones under 0.55 lbs that assemble into a single larger drone after takeoff.
BAM! No registration needed
2015-12-15
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-15
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-15
Use props
Zelo32
New

United States

why is everyone over reacting?  they cant force you to register its not a law so shush.  if you don't want to register don't I am not also.  why so many threads of the same topic.  all scaredy cat can register the rest ignore it done deal.
2015-12-15
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

The FAA will release the names and addresses of all the registered UAV users to the public on there data base. That is official. You ask how?? by the registered number they give you to put on your aircraft.
The AMA is telling their members not to register their aircraft, to wait. Just giving all a heads-up. Whether your for the registration or not. I am still deciding whether to do this or not.
2015-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules