Go Pro 4 Silver Edition and gimbal
2702 5 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

bought a brand new Phantom 2 (upgraded version) with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. The only problem is I don't want to fly it with my Go Pro 4 Silver Edition since the gimbal was not designed for the Go Pro 4 Silver Edition. I have gotten responses from DJI with my questions regarding if they are working on a new gimbal or update for the Zenmuse H3-3D. All they can say is keep an eye on their web site. I don't want to go to a Go Pro 3. I guess for now I will wait and hope it's not a long wait.
2014-12-27
Use props
kenton.green
New

United States

Have you tried it and you have a problem? If not, try it and see.
I received for Christmas 2014 and am using zenmuse h3-3d gimbal and gopro hero4 silver, with no problem. They are both stock out of the box. I have seen discussion and video of mods to the gimbal (dremel removal of some metal) to prevent issues with the new button on the side of the hero4 (new vs hero3). I have that button on my hero4 silver, and it doesn't get pressed when installed in the h3-3d. So either DJI has made a change, or there are different versions of the gimbal or the hero4 silver around, or there is some slop in the mount and it can be mounted, as-is, without a problem.
Regards, fun flying,
Ken
2014-12-27
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

I've been using that combination for 3 months.  No problems.  
2014-12-27
Use props
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

kenton.green@gm Posted at 2014-12-28 05:29
Have you tried it and you have a problem? If not, try it and see.
I received for Christmas 2014 and ...

That's great news. So everything works fine with Go Pro 4 Silver? Thanks for your reply.

Art
2014-12-27
Use props
kenton.green
New

United States

artieorodriguez Posted at 2014-12-28 11:29
That's great news. So everything works fine with Go Pro 4 Silver? Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the combination of phantom 2, zenmuse h3-3d and gopro hero4 silver works fine. At least for me, with my versions, as I have it set up. I have done nothing special, I just assembled them as described, but I added the caveat because I'm cautious that way. However, if I were you, despite the caveat I would try it. Slowly, incrementally maybe, but definitely try it and don't wait for any new info. If there is an issue with your setup, trying it shouldn't cause any permanent harm. At worst, I'd think your video or photos might not work. i.e., no harm in trying.
Good luck, fun flying!
Ken
2014-12-27
Use props
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

kenton.green@gm Posted at 2014-12-28 12:01
Yes, the combination of phantom 2, zenmuse h3-3d and gopro hero4 silver works fine. At least for m ...

Ken,

Thanks for answering some of my questions. I will give it a go.

Art
2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules