"Phantom Connection Broken"
5175 7 2015-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttr998
New

United States

I have the Phantom 2 Vision up to date with firmware, with the FC200 Camera, and I seem to have a problem with the WiFi connection. When I try to connect to my P2V thru the Vision app on my Galaxy Note II, it connects. But when I tap on camera FPV, it displays a grey screen stating "Phantom Connection Broken" with no indication of being connected and no control of the gimbal. I've tried to re-bind the WiFi extender using both of the different extenders RE500 and RE700, but with no success.  The camera is getting power and seems to be working, as the light on the back is on and the servo in the gimbal is holding it still. I am very confused and disheartened my P2V's FPV does not work. My speculation is that the WiFi transmitter inside the P2V is malfunctioning. If you may provide some insight or help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
Taylor R

2015-12-18
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like the cable from the bird to the gimbal is frayed or damaged or not plugged in properly. Remove, Inspect and plug in firmly.
2015-12-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
           Try reformatting the SD card with  full format.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.
2015-12-19
Use props
ttr998
New

United States

I've Inspected the Phantom's cable from gimbal to the bird and all seems to be fine.  I've also tried everything I could with my phone. Darn thing still doesn't seem to work. I hope its not a burnt out Wifi transmitter.
2015-12-19
Use props
ttr998
New

United States

Today, I have ripped apart the Phantom to troubleshoot and find out what the problem is. everything seems to be fine; nothing burnt up on the board except I have found that the gimbal to the phantom's motherboard is frayed, but the camera still gets power. After fixing that, I found that I am still having the same issue. The wifi transmitter module inside the Fc200 camera must be malfunctioning? Do I need to purchase an entire new camera?
2015-12-19
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ttr998@gmail.co Posted at 2015-12-20 09:03
Today, I have ripped apart the Phantom to troubleshoot and find out what the problem is. everything  ...

You can't really "fix" that frayed cable. You really need a replacement cable pack. The cable is very delicate and will cause you future grief if you don't replace it. It may even lead to a flyaway if you get a "connection broken" mid flight and the phantom is 1km out. If I were you, I'd spend the extra 30 bobs for reliability and peace of mind.
2015-12-20
Use props
ttr998
New

United States

I have replaced the entire FC200 camera and went thru the entire rebind process. I now get a WiFi signal from both the camera and the repeater so there definitely was a problem with the WiFi transmitter in the camera. But unfortunately I am still getting the "phantom connection broken" problem. this is very frustrating. I know how to bind the new camera and my Vision app indicates that everything is connected. I've tried multiple phones to try to connect now and still nothing. So far I have a very expensive paperweight and about ready for the trash. I'm willing to accept any help. last resort before I bring it to the hobby shop.
2015-12-26
Use props
dsastoque
New

Colombia

Buenos dias,

Tengo un Phantom 2 vision plus v3, cuando enciende el gimbal estabiliza sin inconvenientes, yo muevo el dron y la camara se mueve en todos sus ejes.

Pero el gimbal tiene el led en rojo, no envia señal de la camara al celular, solo muestra el estado de bateria del extender wifi, conecto el gimbal al pc para ver si detecta la unidad de disco de la sd, pero tampoco, me prestaron otro gimbal y si funciona correctamente.

Desde el control tengo control de la camara por la rueda izquierda sin problemas.

Se daño el gimbal?, como puedo solucionar este inconveniente con el gimbal que segun el manual indica critical error.

PFv su ayuda..

Gracias.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules