DJI GO app crashes on start
2173 21 2015-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adam
lvl.1

Sweden

Yesterday I was in the woods toget some shots with my P3A. I was setting up and started the DJI GO app and when pressing Enter Camera View the app crashed. I tried again, same result. I reconnected the RC, restarted the drone but it still crashed when entering camera view. I also restarted my Ipad Air 2, but still got the crash. We were two hours from civilization, at sunrise on saturday morning. Fortunately, my friend had cell phone reception so that I could reinstall the app and then it worked.

Obviously I don't want this to happen again because maybe I'm not as lucky next time. Do you have any tips on how I could have fixed this problem without reinstalling the app?

I had not made any updates to the app or firmware since my last successful flight.
2015-12-20
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

So before you went out into the woods that morning did you do any updates then?
2015-12-20
Use props
Adam
lvl.1

Sweden

jag01usn Posted at 2015-12-20 13:36
So before you went out into the woods that morning did you do any updates then?

Nope, didn't update anything.
2015-12-20
Use props
dgoghia
lvl.2

United States

I lol like to add, this happened to
2015-12-20
Use props
dgoghia
lvl.2

United States

I ll like to add, the app crashed today when attemped to enter
2015-12-20
Use props
dgoghia
lvl.2

United States

I'm on an iPhone. I tried at least.. 6 times.
2015-12-20
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

I had this exact same thing happen two hours ago 12-20-15 ( 5 pm Central time in USA. I'm using an ipad air 2 128 GB. Now I will say before I tried to fly today I did do an update from apple. The ipad prompted me to do it in the Settings area. I did not pay much attention to what the update was about. I should have or I should  have waited a few days. Anyway DJI Please help us, looks like it's more than one. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
2015-12-20
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

May I ask how you re-installed the app? Did you delete the current one and then download another one from the app area on itunes?
2015-12-20
Use props
DroPro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1134285 ft
Germany

iPad Air wifi only always crashes on latest DJI Go app update. I don't know what model I have iPad Air or iPad Air 2. If somebody knows how to find out, let me know. Everything else is also up to date.
iPhones 6S works.
2015-12-20
Use props
Adam
lvl.1

Sweden

joeglennaz Posted at 2015-12-21 01:37
May I ask how you re-installed the app? Did you delete the current one and then download another one ...

Yes, that is how I did it. Mine is wifi only so my friend used internet sharing from his phone.
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Adam
Sorry but you'll have to reinstall the App when it's crashed .
2015-12-21
Use props
Adam
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-21 12:47
Hi , Adam
Sorry but you'll have to reinstall the App when it's crashed .

Okay. Is there something I can do to prevent it from crashing?
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The app should only shut down the first time you download the 2.4.3, if you delete the app, power down the IOS device, then install front the app store you should be ok.
It may still shut down when you get into a waypoint setup and DJI is aware and working on resolving it.
If the app shuts down when you get to your location to fly and you only have a WiFi device, you can use your phone as a WiFi hot spot and download the app again.
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Adam Posted at 2015-12-22 02:09
Okay. Is there something I can do to prevent it from crashing?

Hi , Adam
Ken has hit the point  .  We have already been aware of that and we'll get it fixed soon !
2015-12-21
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Mine happens to be doing the same thing...  :/  I have faith in you DJI! I shall await your app fix!
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-12-24 23:49
Mine happens to be doing the same thing...  :/  I have faith in you DJI! I shall await your app fix!

Sorry to have brought you trouble . We fix it as soon as possible .
2015-12-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

May I assume my new Mini 2 will be okay?   ...  or not?  Haven't had time to fire it up yet, just getting ready to do the update.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-26 11:42
May I assume my new Mini 2 will be okay?   ...  or not?  Haven't had time to fire it up yet, just ge ...

The iPad mini 2 is a compatible device , please don't be worried .
2015-12-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Flew it this morning.  Looks great!  Thanks, Patrick and Happy New Year.  You might take a look at my new thread on IMU calibration progress bar.  Thanks.
2015-12-27
Use props
ok2bnvus2
New

United States

Samsung tablet app crashed with flying also home point even with 17 sats never updated or changed in app when I was flying
2016-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I found that there is an attempt to make you read a tutorial on safe flying. If you elect to skip it, the Go App crashes every time you try to connect to the camera.

I fixed in by un-installing the app, re-installing it, going through the tutorial and after that it works fine.
2016-1-2
Use props
timeless
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287405 ft
United States

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 6 Plus works with a old iPhone 5 and also with iPad pro. When I hit the camera button it crashes.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules