[Tips and tricks] What to do After a Crash
9844 16 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

People who fly RC drones know that there are two saddest things: crashes and flyaways. The feeling of going home with just a remote controller is awful. Of course, drone are much more reliable today than they were a few years ago, but for different reasons RC enthusiasts keep experiencing crashes and flyaways.
So today, we'll talk about what to do if, however unforunately, you experience a crash or flyaway. ins.jpg whater ins.jpg

First of all I would like to say that the drone is a high-tech product, and right now the technology is still far from its potential, so we can’t avoid high power lines, magnetic interference, bird attacks and low voltage power offs.

First: Make sure that the Home point is set correctly.
Do this to avoid a situation in which the drone returns to the home point that was set initially instead of a new take-off point.  

This can happen if the pilot moved the aircraft to another place (B point), and at the new spot, the GPS level was less then 4. The aircraft will not
record new home point. So the drone will return to A point. A lot of pilots start to panic in this situation...
697126800.jpg

Please remember to set correct RTH altitude according to your flight environment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZR3R0oJrF0
If the aircraft has already crashed or gotten lost.
Of course, the first thing that we have to do is to find the spot where the aircraft crashed. We will need our flight records.
Remember: All the flight records are stored in your mobile device!

Open the DJI GO App and tap on the triangle in the upper left corner:
1584174108.jpg

Open the first flight record
204159188.jpg
You will find the aircraft's location on a map
After you found a crash point, head to that place and try to find the aircraft. Whether you found it or not, you have to synchronize your flight records.
Click on the cloud icon in the upper right corner.
Make sure you've synchronized your flight records!
There will be a clound icon in the corner of every flight record if it's successfuly synchronized
sync.jpg
Please contact your local DJI support center, explain the situation, and provide your DJI ID, so we can check your flight records.
One more thing remember:Always log in your DJI ID, otherwise you will not be alble to synchronize your fligth records!

Fly safely!

2015-12-24
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

As if recently, I cannot log into my Dji id from the app.mit says incorrect password and it logged me out however I can log in here, in the forum
2015-12-24
Use props
simbonis
lvl.1

Greece

What about the people with the phantom 2vision plus V3 ?? The DJI GO APP DOES NOT WORK ON THESE MODELS ,NO FLIGHT LOG ? And it cost as much as a professional when it was bought ..!!
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

simbonis@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-25 05:37
What about the people with the phantom 2vision plus V3 ?? The DJI GO APP DOES NOT WORK ON THESE MODE ...

Simbonis! There was no such a technology, and such a thing as DJI GO when your P2 was bought. So unfortunately it is not possible to have flight logs on your aircraft
Technologies are developing too fast
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-24 22:30
According to the FAA, the firs thing you do after a crash is... "CALL THE POLICE"  .. hahaha

LOL! That's exactly  what you have to do! They will bring up a real helicopter, SWAT and dogs just to find your phantom! and when they found it on a tree, there will be a fireguards with their ladder, helping you take it down, put it on the ambulance car and send to the hospital for future repair!
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-25 01:05
As if recently, I cannot log into my Dji id from the app.mit says incorrect password and it logged m ...

Strange. What's your DJI ID, I'll take a look
2015-12-24
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-24 17:49
Strange. What's your DJI ID, I'll take a look

mmimadi@yahoo.com

I had trouble syncing a while back but that got resolved after waiting it out. It is the same ID I use to log into this forum
2015-12-24
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-24 20:47
LOL! That's exactly  what you have to do! They will bring up a real helicopter, SWAT and dogs  ...

And then they will send you a bill for Emergency Services even before you get the bill from DJI for repair.
2015-12-25
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-24 08:30
According to the FAA, the firs thing you do after a crash is... "CALL THE POLICE"  .. hahaha

@Flyin - Yes sir, legally you are correct and then contact DJI.
2015-12-26
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-24 20:47
LOL! That's exactly  what you have to do! They will bring up a real helicopter, SWAT and dogs  ...

Then they find a way to press charges and give you a "hefty" bill for the recovery costs....
2015-12-26
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

simbonis@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-24 16:37
What about the people with the phantom 2vision plus V3 ?? The DJI GO APP DOES NOT WORK ON THESE MODE ...

3rd party apps like Litchi and DJI Ultimate flight both save flight logs and both use "find my Phantom" also.
2015-12-26
Use props
abbas.jagani
New

United Kingdom

Hi there! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! So, I hate the fact that my first post on this forum is in this thread but on my third flight with the Phantom 3 Standard, I managed to run it into a tree
2015-12-27
Use props
abbas.jagani
New

United Kingdom

Hi there! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! So, I hate the fact that my first post on this forum is in this thread but on my third flight with the Phantom 3 Standard, I managed to run it into a tree
2015-12-27
Use props
abbas.jagani
New

United Kingdom

Ok so my whole post isn't sending! Problem..
2015-12-27
Use props
abbas.jagani
New

United Kingdom

1. Propellor stuck but I think I can fix that. 2. Where the body joins above/round the side of the light, it's slightly come apart! What to do? Help please
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

abbas.jagani Posted at 2015-12-28 00:12
1. Propellor stuck but I think I can fix that. 2. Where the body joins above/round the side of the l ...

Not a good idea to fix it yourself . Middle axis might be crooked already. I suggest you to contact us, and let DJI fix it
2015-12-27
Use props
abbas.jagani
New

United Kingdom

Ok thanks for the advice.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules