Unable to control P3P from RC
1469 15 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ed_rington
lvl.1
United States

I just updated my P3P to 1.6.40.  My RC is at 1.5.7,  App is 2.3.0.

Everything seems to work except that the P3 does not accept cmds from the RC, and the RC does not show things like P3 battery status.  And I cannot fly.

Trying to launch the P3 results in a "command delay" notice.

The camera works and the app shows the picture, and I can tilt it up and down.  But cannot take photos or capture video.

I think that I did the update correctly.  I've tried to 'relink' the RC, but I don't get the 'blue' light or beep or the 'searching for aircraft frequency' popup.

The P3 lights look correct, and it does the 'beep-beep-beep' after powering on.

What am I doing wrong?

2015-12-24
Use props
ed_rington
lvl.1
United States

I got it to work by updating the App also.  After an on-line chat with dji.   One would think that the dji web site would mention that when you update the P3 firmware, you should also update the app????  Or give us some hint????   This drone is mostly great, but some simple instructions would make it even better.
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

ed_rington Posted at 2015-12-25 12:55
I got it to work by updating the App also.  After an on-line chat with dji.   One would think that t ...

Sorry about that ! Please keep all firmware versions and App version up to date .
2015-12-24
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

My drone RC won't connect after the update...have reloaded the app...tried several times to synchronize the RC...nothing. What now???
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

joe.pilot Posted at 2015-12-25 15:33
My drone RC won't connect after the update...have reloaded the app...tried several times to synchron ...

Hi , Joe
Please kindly tell me some more information . What aircraft are you using ? What about your device ? Is there anything shown in your DJI Go App ?
2015-12-24
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

Phantom 3 standard...iPhone 6
2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

There's no message in the app...all systems appear normal, but no RC signal. Have tried reloading the app, tried it on another phone...nothing. Rapid flashing yellow lights on the drone...camera feed is fine. Can't be flown...
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

joe.pilot Posted at 2015-12-25 16:06
Phantom 3 standard...iPhone 6

Have you rebooted the RC and aircraft and relinked ?
2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

Everything worked fine until I upgraded the firmware...now it's a paperweight...just sits there and won't communicate with the controller
2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

I think so...restarted both, tried the re-sync several times...always times out. Maybe I'm missing something in the process
2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

Hello? I'm hoping there's more advice here than that?
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

joe.pilot Posted at 2015-12-25 16:12
I think so...restarted both, tried the re-sync several times...always times out. Maybe I'm missing s ...

Try the "linking RC" in DJI Go , and press the button on the aircraft  . That doesn't work ? Can you post a video of that ?
Linking RC.jpg
2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

Not able to view the pic you posted...you mean the a/c power button?
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

joe.pilot Posted at 2015-12-25 16:23
Not able to view the pic you posted...you mean the a/c power button?

No , it's the link button . Please try another broswer or you can check that in user manual : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... er_Manual__V1.4.pdf The title is "Linking the Remote Controller" .

2015-12-25
Use props
joe.pilot
New

United States

Finally got it...took a while to download the manual. Thanks for that...it did the trick! Your help is very much appreciated!! Big thumbs up.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

joe.pilot Posted at 2015-12-25 16:41
Finally got it...took a while to download the manual. Thanks for that...it did the trick! Your help  ...

Thank you very much ! Glad your problem solved ! Enjoy your christmas !
2015-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules