Video and Photo Location
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanmgreenlee
New

United States

All:

Total newbie here.  I purchased the P3P a couple of days ago and have done a couple of flights while taking video and photographs.  My question is very simple:  After the flight, I notice that the videos are on my phone that I connect via USB to the Controller.  The photos, though, are NOT there.  How are videos and photos supposed to be accessed after a flight?  Are we supposed to plug the P3P into a computer via USB and pull them off of the SD card that way, or how is it SUPPOSED to work?

Thanks,

Ryan
2015-12-25
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Remove the micro USB from the camera mount platform and use a card reader on your computer to retrieve the photos and videos.

Also -  please, please, please make sure you read the manual thouroughly.

Many folks (myself included) tend to unpack something and tinker with it till we figure it out. With a P3 this WILL lead to disaster.

Read the manual, read the forum, watch the training videos!!!

2015-12-25
Use props
ryanmgreenlee
New

United States

Bill:

Thanks for the info.  I'm afraid I don't have a MicroSD card reader for my computer, so I typically just plug in the USB cable to my computer, and the other end into the Gimbal, which then mounts the MicroSD card as an external USB drive so that the pictures and video can be pulled off.  

Just making sure I wasn't missing a "sync with phone/tablet" option that would send the photos over automatically.

Thanks,

Ryan
2015-12-25
Use props
frericksjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297618 ft
United States

ryanmgreenlee Posted at 2015-12-25 11:26
Bill:

Thanks for the info.  I'm afraid I don't have a MicroSD card reader for my computer, so I typ ...

Leave your phantom and remote on after landing. Your pictures will sync to your device.  You can shut down the props leave Batery on.
2015-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ryanmgreenlee Posted at 2015-12-26 05:26
Bill:

Thanks for the info.  I'm afraid I don't have a MicroSD card reader for my computer, so I typ ...

The copy that is placed on your phone/tablet is a low resolution version of the video you shot, it is for preview purposes only. It allows you to quickly review the footage after a flight to see if it is OK. You then use the real version contained on the SD card.
2015-12-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

ryanmgreenlee Posted at 2015-12-25 13:26
Bill:

You *can* capture your video/stills the way you're doing it. You just have to power up the Phantom before you'll be able to access the micro SD card.

Also, be aware (if you didn't already know), your still photos may not be there because they did not get taken. You cannot run video and interrupt if with still shots! If you're running video and want to take a photo, you must stop the video, then take a photo. Then you can go back to video. You cannot do both at the same time.

Sounds kind of quirky, but that's the way it works.

Happy Flying!
2015-12-25
Use props
ryanmgreenlee
New

United States

Yes, all of this makes sense. Thank you all for the tips. I did my second night flight tonight and it was incredible.   
2015-12-25
Use props
ryanmgreenlee
New

United States

I will look I to leaving the device, P3P, and RC all connected after a flight. Will it tell me when the pictures and video have "synced?"
2015-12-25
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

ryanmgreenlee Posted at 2015-12-25 22:49
I will look I to leaving the device, P3P, and RC all connected after a flight. Will it tell me when  ...

Disregard previously written post since it was completely different a few minutes ago. I misread something.
I do it the way you ae doing it presently with a USB cable to the gimbal. This prevents unneeded wear and tear on the mechanicanism used to lock the SD card in place. Those things break easy and then you're screwed. I've never synced them to my iPad so wish you luck there. As a reminder, don't forget to stop any video before shutting down the Phantom. This will make it difficult to recover the video. Take it from a pro!  Happy Flying.

Barney
2015-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules