ND filters for P3 Standard
1565 5 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3mpty
lvl.2

Netherlands

On the DJi website I only see ND filters for the P3 advanced and pro. Will these fit on the standard version? If not where can I find some good ones? Thanks!
2015-12-26
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

No, the Standard does not have a screw off filter. You must use filters that fit over the front of the lens. They are either glass (heavy) or plastic (easily scratched or smudged by fingerprints).
2015-12-26
Use props
3mpty
lvl.2

Netherlands

Any recommendations?
2015-12-26
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Google it. There is a guy on eBay who has the plastic ones. I can't remember who makes the glass.

I had the plastic filters before I upgraded to an Advanced. I was concerned about weight. The plastic filters are very lightweight but not very convenient for the reasons stated above. The glass ones weigh in at 7 grams I think. I feel that the gimbal is made to be balanced as designed and manufactured and 7 grams could be a lot of stress on such a delicate precision instrument.  The extra weight makes the camera tilt downward. Some people put coins or something else as a counterbalance adding even more weight. I feel it's a bad idea.

First make sure you know why you would be using a ND filter.  A lot of people jump on the ND band wagon not understanding the principles behind their proper use. They just do because others say they need to. Is have seen a lot of really dark underexposed videos posted here because people don't know what they are doing.
2015-12-26
Use props
rkford
New

United States

Does the uv filer screw off  I can't seem to get it off don't want to screw up the camera.
2015-12-29
Use props
shopper
New

United States

I was going to ask basically the same question about filters on my P3S. I'm not interested in filtering capabilities, I just want something to protect the lense on the camera from scratches. So, if I understand correctly the only solution is a plastic one that scratches easily and is difficult to put on, but is lightweight or a glass one that is heavier and may not be good for the gimbal but is more resilient. Would this mean buy a lot of plastic ones for practice and not important filming and be super careful without one when good filming is needed?  I've done a lot of photography and have always used a filter to protect my expensive lenses. I'd hate to mess up the lense on a camera that is routinely an inch or less from the ground.
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules