A Charging question or two or three
2007 7 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lrneidig
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

Just recently acquired a Phantom FC40 and am in the learning phase.
A couple of questions on charging batteries.

1)  What is the time that a fresh battery is to be on the charger to get a Green LED as fully charged??

2)  Once a battery is drained what is the expected time to recharge the battery??

3)  The Quick Start instructions for the camera indicates to use the Micro USB for charging the camera.  
      Is the camera to be plugged into a PC USB port for charging or is there something else to provide charging??

Thanks in advance for your response.

Les
2014-9-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Les, welcome to the forum.

To charge with the supplied Fc40 charger will take as long as it does.  We cannot predict the charging times as we do not know the amount of the discharge.  Your FC40 camera can be charged with your computer, slow, or a phone charger, fast.  The choice is yours.
2014-9-24
Use props
lrneidig
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-9-25 08:23
Les, welcome to the forum.

To charge with the supplied Fc40 charger will take as long as it does.   ...

Thanks for the reply.

I fully understand "charger will take as long as it does"  but I was wondering it is expected to be 2 hours. 4 hours, 6 hours. 9 hours or more??  Or saying it another way, how long should one wait until it should be determined there is a problem with the battery??

Thanks for the input on using the phone charger adapter for the camera.  Would be nice if that was in the documentation somewhere.  If it is, I certainly did not find it.

Thanks,

Les
2014-9-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine takes less than 1 hour.  If you are having longer times than that, I would contact your dealer.
2014-9-24
Use props
lrneidig
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-9-25 09:07
Mine takes less than 1 hour.  If you are having longer times than that, I would contact your dealer.

Thanks, that is what I would have expected.  Way longer that 1 hour and I assumed there was a problem.  I was told a half a day and then 6 hours which makes little to no sense.

Either way I have a couple of new batteries on the way.  Arrives tomorrow.

Again thanks.

Les
2014-9-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You are welcome.  Have fun flying.  
2014-9-24
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just started using mine this weekend (awesome!)  Charging time for mine was 2 hours and 20 minutes after flying and landing when the light started flashing red.  

I just acquired two more batteries.  If the charging time on those is any different I'll post an update.  
2014-9-29
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

houldsworth1@gm Posted at 2014-9-30 08:53
Just started using mine this weekend (awesome!)  Charging time for mine was 2 hours and 20 minutes a ...

Update.  I started charging the two new batteries last night.  First one took about 5-6 hours to charge and the second one seems to be on track for the same amount of time.  

I get the green flashing light quite quickly - probably a little over an hour - but then it seems to be switching between the different cells (flashing red lights) to bring each of them up.  That's what seems to take the time.

These are initial charges which I didn't measure the first time so I don't know if that will drop after use.

I'm in the US (110v).  Not sure if that makes a difference but my phone sure seems to charge faster when I'm in an area with 220v outlets such as England.  
2014-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules