Pix4Dmapper Capture: P3A out of control suddenly after take off!!
1828 6 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariano76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 509196 ft
United States

Hi,  
1st try pix4d mapper with my phantom 3 advanced and almost lost the aircraft and injiuried myself. I've more than 100 flights with DJI go and litchi apps with no issues. Just 1 hour ago went outside to check pix4d mapper with my android device nexus 6, after planning the area where to fly my phantom 3 I continued and pressed the take off button for less than 3 seconds cause I didn't see any action in progress.  Being not sure that I'm doing well with the app I've done the csc manually to take off and suddenly it went out of control hitting the ground with back propellers.. I've tried to shutdown the motors with another csc but after a brief shutdown it has powered up again and the aircraft has turned upside down with propellers spinning and launching stones on the ground toward me and my girlfriend...
I've done a third csc to shutdown again and this time worked.  
My props are damaged and I have to check my aircraft for damage although actually seems that minor things happened, Like a detached shell in correspondence of left rear arm ...
Very shocked I don't know what happened...
Damn...

FW version was freshly update 1 day before on latest 1.6, and cold IMU performed as usual...that was the 1st flight on new FW...and 'Cause i'm used to litchi app capable to do an automated take off when waypoints are selected i've thought it would have been the same with this new app.
Selector was in F mode as required from Pix4D mapper...
2015-12-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sad to hear about your crash, however the experienced flyers here will tell you NEVER to use the CSC manoeuvre except in a dire emergency, as it will result in a crash. You have to use CSC to start the motors, but after that you should avoid it completely.

I am puzzled as to why you thought it would help you to take off? Where the motors running at this time?
2015-12-26
Use props
mariano76
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-26 22:28
Sad to hear about your crash, however the experienced flyers here will tell you NEVER to use the CSC ...

Hi, I've done 1st csc 'cause aircraft was not turned on and props were not spinning yet while I was waiting for auto take off of pix4d mapper.
With this csc props started spinning as expected but immediately aircraft tried to ascend automatically and went directly towards the ground with back propellers so I've done a second csc to shutdown the motors to avoid damage to them cause they were blocked. But again props turned on and the 2 front free of spin had impressed a momentum that turned upside down the phantom in a way all 4 props were spinning in contact with the ground... Here I went with third csc to stop it all and it worked... Aircraft didn't lift off more than half meter from the ground...
2015-12-27
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Have you been in touch with pix4d?
It's a pretty tricky one to trouble shoot, I'm not sure what logs are available with 3rd -party apps?
I've stayed on 1.4.10 because I know it plays nice with MapPilot which I use a lot.
Wish I could help more
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Sorry about the crash . Please contact PIX4D about that .
2015-12-28
Use props
ab.audiovideo
New

United States

1.  Pix4d does not take off for you.
2.  You have to take off and then hit the start mission button for three seconds to goto the first waypoint.
2016-3-15
Use props
mariano76
lvl.2
Italy

ab.audiovideo@y Posted at 2016-3-15 18:24
1.  Pix4d does not take off for you.
2.  You have to take off and then hit the start mission button ...

if you read carefully my original post i wrote:"Being not sure that I'm doing well with the app I've done the csc manually to take off and suddenly it went out of control hitting the ground with back propellers.. "
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules