Flight distance : 191109 ft
  • >>>
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-27 16:37
Thanks--Did all you said but still shows 119+--

Oh well....

Well Jack

I guess my fix wasn't a fix but a delay of the dreaded "Wifi non-connection."

I had a chat with dji and now Osmo and the 2nd handle will have to be sent in for repairs.  But just a note it took but a few minutes to get someone on the online chat not much of a wait DJI is surly doing there best.  They have come a long way.  And I said things happen but its nice to know they are doing there best with the large volume of customers.  So with that I give them a thumbs up.

So far..................
Don
2015-12-29
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

The OSMO is a first generation item. It still has a while to go before it is close to perfection. Some people will have problems. It will not be perfect. You need to be patient. I am not sure why some people had problems with support but I had a silly problem on Day 1 with mine and I called DJI and immediately was offered several options to remedy my problem.

My advice is to avoid the online chat and contact them directly.
Sorry I don;t know how support is in other international areas but if you live in the US and are facing problems, I recommend calling DJI in LA. It will be 100x easier than online support.
2015-12-29
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451768 ft
United Kingdom

So can DJI please advise if the update is now bug-free so that we can proceed with the firmware update?
2015-12-29
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would suggest that no one updates the firmware until DJI confirms the above.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

overthereinabox Posted at 2015-12-30 15:50
So can DJI please advise if the update is now bug-free so that we can proceed with the firmware upda ...

Yes, the new firmware is good to use, that's why the file is named BUGFIX.
2015-12-30
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ken, the file is named OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin, the word BUGFIX is not present. Please advise.
2015-12-30
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please can you provide a link to the correct firmware update file to use?
2015-12-30
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

I updated with the BUGFIX firmware and everything went smoothly and everything works. The new features are very nice and well worth the upgrade.
2015-12-30
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What was the name if the file you used nwhit? I can't find a BUGFIX file on the DJI website!
2015-12-30
Use props
overthereinabox
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Right - the confusing thing is that the BUGFIX ZIP file is back on the website under Home/Products/Osmo/Downloads. The file appears to be OSMO_FW_BUGFIX_V01.04.01.80.bin.zip. However when you extract the file it seems to produce a folder called OSMO_FW_BUGFIX_V01.04.01.80.bin, and when you open this folder there is a file called OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin - all very confusing. Who's to say that this file is the original firmware that bricks your Osmo? It may exists in a BUGFIX folder but the name of the file gives me no reassurances that this is the new, fixed firmware.

@DJI-KEN or anyone else in DJI - can you confirm again please that this is the correct firmware? I don't want the hassle to returning a bricked Osmo to DJI and wasting valuable time and effort on my part........
2015-12-30
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

overthereinabox Posted at 2015-12-30 13:59
What was the name if the file you used nwhit? I can't find a BUGFIX file on the DJI website!

As mentioned, somewhere it had Bugfix in the name at one point, but did not when extracted and put onto the sd card for update. Frankly, I wouldn't worry as long as the date is not the Dec 25th file. Notice that the download link has the newer date, so that is going to be the new version.
2015-12-30
Use props
smsrj
New

Australia

Hi Tim I am in Australia and bought my Osmo on Ebay from Hong Kong, I have sent 3 emails to support but haven't had a reply (3 days ago).

What  and where do I have to send the handle for repair/replacement, as there is no service agent in Australia the best solution would be if you could send me a replacement and I will return damaged handle as it was a problem caused by your business
2015-12-30
Use props
outzsd
lvl.1

United States

Mine went off to repair today. Hoping they update the firmware prior to returning it to me.
2015-12-31
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

Had OSMO delivered yesterday and performed the firmware update today after having several hours of playing with the new toy. The update installed without a problem .

The update changed the 'overall' firmware from 1.0.1.19 to 1.4.1.80 and made the following component changes:
Camera 02.29.41.49 to 02.47.44.92
Gimbal 01.29.00.00 to 01.29.00.63
Encoder 02.14.09.26 to 02.14.09.37
OFDM 00.00.00.62 to 00.00.00.73
WiFi 01.00.09.22 to 01.00.09.40

The only 'issue' I have found at this stage is that the gimbal rotates to the right a couple of degrees every time the OSMO is powered up. Pressing the trigger twice will re-centre the gimbal, but then it immediately rotates to the right again by the same amount.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?
2016-1-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Solitaire Posted at 2016-1-1 20:35
Had OSMO delivered yesterday and performed the firmware update today after having several hours of p ...

Sounds like you need to run the auto calibration
2016-1-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

FabricioE Posted at 2015-12-30 01:51
Nobody from Support Team still contact me. Osmo stil bricked

I had this problem but reloaded the 'fixed' version, deleted the 25.12 version from the SD card and the .txt file. The gimbal was limp on power on. Powered on and off a few times and one of those times, the firmware install mode (flashing red and green lights) came on. I let the update take place and things were fine after that.

I like the improvement in stability on time lapse videos
2016-1-1
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-1 22:49
Sounds like you need to run the auto calibration

Thanks for your reply.

The Auto Calibration has helped, the head only drifts slightly to the right now - much better than before.
2016-1-1
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

Symptom: Wi-Fi keeps rebooting, Osmo cannot be connected to mobile device. This bug affects only a very small percentage of DJI Osmo cameras and cannot be fixed by updating the firmware again or rollback.

==

As I mentioned before I believe this is a memory issue on the phones device their for the cache and memory needs to be reset regularly and eliminate the phones data communication with DJI during shooting.  IE Less paring issues = less problems.  you know the mandatory registration your app requires when operating the OSMO.  Just a thought.  
2016-1-5
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

Paulo Paulino Posted at 2015-12-27 07:51
Please Dji, change the firmware name, add a tag (new), or just upload the file with a different date ...

this can be easily addressed by having a page for firmware updates.
2016-1-5
Use props
DigitalVideoDvd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Tim, I'm having problems still, I got my Osmo New 27/12/15 and I registered it and got it working ok, the software then informed me new firmware 1.4.1.80 was available, I downloaded and installed it, from then on it would not work as before, the picture was no longer available on the iphon5s, I tried on my ipad mini 3, but without success, the controls work ok, but no picture is coming to the view finder, I have had several sessions with DJI online help, and now tried to reload the earlier firmware, also to no avail, the unit is only a few minutes old, what can you sugest, it was purchased from a dealer in New York. can you suggest a sensible resolve please? Stuart
2016-1-5
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Very happy to report that I upgraded to the latest version this morning without any problems whatsoever. Very happy with everyfhing and  Osmo behaving perfectly! (Although I did a shoot for the BBC yesterday on the old version - just in case...)
2016-1-6
Use props
fotoguide
New

Thailand

I have a problem with wi-fi. It connects but  then disconnect and trying to reconnect. Sometimes I can take photo and video but sometimes I cant. I turn off wi fi, then turn on. Close and open dji go, and trying again. Tried to upgrade new bug fix firmware but it said tht the firmware the same. I have bought OSMO in Bangkok and now I`m on Samui on vacation.  I write a message to email supprt but no answer!! What must I do now? How can I fix the problem? How about my vacation???
2016-1-15
Use props
tnaynot
New

Australia

Well ok then. It has it's own self destruction built in. Back to the store
2016-1-25
Use props
smsrj
New

Australia

It has been over 4 months since I returned the Osmo to the reseller (Meking Photography) after I upgraded the Osmo Firmware on the day I received in December 2015 and it fried the Wi-Fi.
It is now stuck in Chinese customs as the supplier won't pay duties on it and I have no way of getting it returned. Originally they agreed to send a replacement unit once I posted the original and sent them a tracking number (which I did) once it was sent they then sent an email saying it needed to be returned to DJI for checking before they could replace it. As I am in Australia I would never had sent it back if I had any idea that they would completely go back on their word.

I have sent numerous emails to them but apart from saying sorry for your situation, they just completely ignore the emails now.

I have been in contact with DJI but they seem to just do the same. I am now in the position of having outlaid Aus$950 + $50 freight and have nothing, never even got one video or photo off it.

I sent it in good faith but there doesn't seem to be any from DJI or the reseller. If it was a genuine fault I would probably not feel so mad about it but for DJI to release a firmware that did this is quite beyond
belief and to give me the run around as they have is now quite understandable after reading numerous posts on the forum.

I have learn't a valuable lesson, don't buy expensive items from overseas on EBay but at the time it was much cheaper that way.

I am probably not going to get anywhere by posting this, but if they had any concience at all they would send me a replacement, but wait and see and they will send the standard reply.

2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

smsrj Posted at 2016-4-27 14:14
It has been over 4 months since I returned the Osmo to the reseller (Meking Photography) after I upg ...

Hello!
I'm sorry about this situation!
However, I'm afraid DJI is not responsible for this accident. About the custom issue, it seems to be out of our power. You may need to consult with your dealer for a good solution.
Hope you'll solve the trouble soon.
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules