Upgrade from Inspire 1 to Inspire Pro
961 4 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FishTales
lvl.1

Indonesia

I have had my Inspire 1 for nearly a year.  I recently bought an X5 camera for it and the new anti-vibration canera mount for it.  Does this constitute an "Upgrade" to Inspire Pro?  Should I be doing the Inspire Pro firmware updates, or still do the Inspire 1 firmware updates?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the X5 cam and kept your X3 updated thorough the updates then attach the X5 and use the Pro page and update to 1.3.0.60
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#downloads
2015-12-27
Use props
FishTales
lvl.1

Thailand

OK, Thanks.  My Inspire is currently running the latest version of the firmware, so I assume that means the X3 is also.  I'm assuming that the X5 has to me mounted on the Inspire rather than the X3 for the Pro update.  My X5 is currently at DJI for repair, so I will have to wait until I get it back to switch to the Inspire 1 Pro and Raw firmware.
2016-1-1
Use props
pluigi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535226 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi !

I own an Inspire one version A.
I just received my X5 and vibration absorbing board..... as far as i understand i need to upgrade firmware with the inspire pro version ?

Thanks
Pierluigi
2016-1-1
Use props
FishTales
lvl.1

Thailand

I finally got my X5 back from DJI (took 3 months for the repair).  The Gimbal is repaired and as far as I can tell it now seems stable.  Unfortunately, I'm not getting any signal out of the camera.  By that, I mean, instead of an image from the camera on my iPhone screen, I have a large blank gray space and a "No Signal" message in red at the top of the screen.  My X3 camera still works like a champ.  I was getting an image from the X5 camera when I sent it in for repair, but that was a couple of firmware updates ago.  I decided to try DJI-Ken's suggestion to update my firmware to Pro.  So I downloaded the current version from the link that he provided in this thread and put it on my X5's MicroSD card and started the update.  The camera updated OK, but the firmware for the craft failed to update almost immediately.  So I tried again (a couple times), then I tried every permutation I could think of.  I've tried installing both Pro 1.3.0.60 and Inspire 1.6.0.40 from each camera.  In all cases the Pro software fails to install almost immediately, and the Standard Inspire firmware doesn't install because it's already on the aircraft.  After all of this, still no video signal from the Inspire when it has the X5 mounted, but works perfectly when the X3 is onboard.

Once while I had the X5 mounted, I decided to see if it would record to the card even though I wasn't getting an image through the RC.  It does in fact start and stop recording and the video scene is recorded to the MicroSD even though I can't see what it's pointed at.  So it seems that the problem is that the video signal is not getting out of the X5 and to Lightbridge.

I'm now at a loss of what to try next.
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules