Taking Portrait photos from the dji phantom 3 standard
3360 2 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickjbrumfield
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1230 ft
United States

What's Up Everyone, I've been flying the dji phantom 3 for just shy of 6 months. I came a cross an Instagram Aerial Videograpger and photographer (@philiplima) who takes amazing photos of scenic areas he lives around. Most of his pictures consists of portraits. If anyone knows how I can do this on the phantom 3 standard let me know as soon as you can.

More examples below
Portrait 1
Potrait 2

2015-12-27
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you mean landscapes, not portraits (portraits are usually of people). You can most certainly take pictures like that with your P3S. Problem will be finding the right angle, getting the light right and editing the photo in photoshop to give the desired effect. It really has very little to do with the camera and more to do with the person behind the lens (or in this case, the iPad). For the record, it looks like the photographer is using an Inspire 1.

My best advice is to check out some videos and blogs about arial photography - or even "regular" photography. Getting an eye for good photos will go a long way in helping you take photos with your P3S.

A little story to put it in perspective: A photographer was invited to a dinner party. The hostess went on and on about how good the photography was. "You must have a great camera! What kind is it?" The photog smiled and took a bite of his dinner. "This dinner excellent! You must have a great stove. What kind is it?"
2015-12-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-12-28 18:37
I think you mean landscapes, not portraits (portraits are usually of people). You can most certainly ...

He means portrait format (vertical) rather than landscape (horizontal).
You cannot  get the Phantom to turn the camera around to shoot portrait format but ...
There are two ways you can get portrait format pictures
1.  Crop from the original  image
2.  Take several photos, while tilting the camera and stitch to make a vertical panorama
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules