metric/imperial settings.
2200 7 2015-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
68chgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

Maybe I'm missing a step here but when I select imperial/metric setting for the DJI Go app the  live from the Phantom 3 altitude/ distance/ speed etc are in imperial but all the various settingsneed for heights (RTH< max distance/height etc) and the battery temp all stay metric. Gee if I have a brain fart and know I need to have  a 150 height to get back and set RTH to 150 now I will get 450 feet and waste battery energy to get that high plus violate FAA rules for 400 feet or below. Why can't DJI make all values in app either metric or imperial throughout the app??

2015-12-28
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Problems, problems.. Use a little foresight  when setting up GO prior to flying.  

Step 1: What's the tallest obstacle in the area you plan on flying at?

Step 2: ask Siri or Google how many meters is __ feet?  

Step 3:  program that number into the GO failsafe RTH setting.  

Step 4: fly

2015-12-28
Use props
68chgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

I've been flying Phantom for awhile so I am aware of the issue , butI think u missed the point of my post. DJI should fix the issue to avoid confusing users of the app, especially the newbe's. So here's a guy who just gets his Phantom for xmas and hot to try it out. He knows the field he will fly in is safe for 200 feet and then there is a big tree at 300 ft away. In his eagerness he sets the max distance to 200, think its in feet because he set that in the set to imperial in the setup  and in his haste does not see that little m by max distance so he thinks he's got a safety cone up to 200feet but it is really 600 feet (200 meters) Not used to judging distance to objects of a small moving r/c craft he flys out thinking he will go no further then 200 feet and wham he hits the tree crashing his new Phantom because of the meter/feet issue in the app. DJI this should be an easy fix  pleae make all measurements in GO app all imperial or all metric when setting the parameter not some this and some that when choosing imperial.
2015-12-29
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

68chgr Posted at 2015-12-29 13:59
I've been flying Phantom for awhile so I am aware of the issue , butI think u missed the point of m ...

I would like to 2nd this request.  If an option is available to use imperial or metric, ALL settings/measurements should change to the option selected.   If someone selects metric, then they are all set because ALL settings/readings are in metric by default.  If someone selects imperial, the status bars will change to reflect imperial, but many of the actual settings in the app (i.e. the RTH height, max distance, max height), remain in metric.....it can be a bit confusing and potentially dangerous as people are expecting this imperial/metric setting to adjust ALL settings/measurements in the app.

Anyone from DJI that can please pass along this request?
2015-12-29
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

68chgr Posted at 2015-12-29 13:59
I've been flying Phantom for awhile so I am aware of the issue , butI think u missed the point of m ...

I got your point for sure.  DJI should definitely fix it.  Agreed.
2015-12-29
Use props
bankheadd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I agree, because I'm one of those new users just getting my phantom 3pro for Christmas and I changed my settings to Imperial but it doesn't show for the RTH height, max distance, max height?? I hope DJI fix this issue.!
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Sorry to have brought you inconvenience . I'll report this to our R&D .
2015-12-29
Use props
dweiss22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15312 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick

I agree with the OP, if DJI can get this to happen in the next firmware update that would be great.  It should all the values and not have a mix of them.  It can be confusing and can be easily missed.

Thanks bro...{:3_48:}
2015-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules