1132 12 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 432625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys! So I updated to the latest firmware successfully and I went to fly it today and I am unable to use any functionality of the app. I have full functionality of the bird (gimble, take photos and take videos) but I have no live view or telemetry or anything... I know that my iphone 6+ is connecting to the remote because it vibrates and asks for permission to use.... been on hold for 35 min with support so far and still 25 people ahead of me....

Any suggestions???

any other kind of app that i can use while im on my trip?!

I feel like this is an app issue because i was flying it just fine with the app before the update..
2015-12-29
Use props
nollzr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have same issue after update. Live feed will freeze when i record. Screens goes black and dji logo appears before camera reboots. Also the c1 and c2 buttons dont seem to work unless you recalibrate them everytime. Dji told me in an email to downgrade back to 1.5 to see if that fixes the no signal issue for the camera but i havent done it yet. Seems others are having the same issue after update.
2015-12-29
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

nollzr Posted at 2015-12-30 06:41
I have same issue after update. Live feed will freeze when i record. Screens goes black and dji logo ...

Ill try giving that a shot...

does anyone know of another app that utilizes live view???
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

It's a Phantom 3 Adv or a Phantom 3 Pro in your hand ? Please try downgrading the firmware version to 1.5.3 and upgrade again .
2015-12-29
Use props
greggdixon
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-30 01:03
It's a Phantom 3 Adv or a Phantom 3 Pro in your hand ? Please try downgrading the firmware version t ...

I ran into this issue when I upgraded the app, RC, and aircraft to the latest software one week ago. No live feed but everything else works just fine. It's maddening, nonetheless. Also, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but I also had upgraded my iOS to 9.2 between my last DJI software upgrade a few months back. When I last updated all software on my P3 Pro, no problems whatsoever. This time . . . live feed was lost.

So, how does one go about downgrading successfully?
2016-1-1
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys.. so I downgraded my P3P (install 1.5 onto the SD then installed it into the bird and it automatically downgraded) and that didn't work... I upgraded to 1.6 but still the same issue... I contacted DJI and they said I had to send it in because they think something is wrong with the board.. this is absurd... it has nothing to do with the bird itself.. its the firmware..

So I still took it out to the filming location and did a Hard Reset on my iPhone 6+. then plugged everything in and it worked! I was able to get full use out of the app for about 5 minutes... then it would disconnect again and no live feed... Again, this firms up my belief that it is a firmware issue with the bird/software issue with the app... during the next flight, i again did a hard reset on my iPhone and it again worked for about 5 minutes. it was painstakingly annoying but it was better than flying blind in the trees... ended up getting the shots of a lifetime..

Today, I took it out again (after a three day break) and did the same hard reset on my phone and this time it didn't work... I contacted DJI again and told them my info and they said they have been getting inundated with people calling about no live view and they said that it is most likely a firmware issue. They are waiting to hear back from their headquarters about the problem..
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

greggdixon Posted at 2016-1-1 21:27
I ran into this issue when I upgraded the app, RC, and aircraft to the latest software one week ag ...

The IOS 9.2 has nothing to do with the problem . You can only downgrade the firmware to version 1.5.3  by inserting SD card in aircraft .  Please tell us if you've fixed the problem by downgrading .
2016-1-4
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-4 17:28
The IOS 9.2 has nothing to do with the problem . You can only downgrade the firmware to version 1. ...

The problem did not fix itself... I downgraded and I still had no live view... I re-upgraded to 1.6 and only had live view/app use for a couple minutes then nothing.. It is still not working on both 1.5 and 1.6
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

greggdixon Posted at 2016-1-1 21:27
I ran into this issue when I upgraded the app, RC, and aircraft to the latest software one week ag ...

Please try relinking the RC to the aircraft .
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

c_a_johnson Posted at 2016-1-6 10:36
The problem did not fix itself... I downgraded and I still had no live view... I re-upgraded to 1. ...

Please try reset the RC by keeping C1+C2+Video recording button pressed  ,turning RC off and on . And relink the RC to the aircraft after that .
2016-1-6
Use props
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-6 20:38
Please try reset the RC by keeping C1+C2+Video recording button pressed  ,turning RC off and on .  ...

how can I re-link the aircraft without being able to link the remote to the app?
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

c_a_johnson Posted at 2016-1-7 15:09
how can I re-link the aircraft without being able to link the remote to the app?

If you can't enter the camera view after tried resetting the RC , please contact your dealer or support center about the problem .
America Support.jpg
2016-1-6
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I see that the live view is very common problem at DJI Phantoms. I also experienced the same problem few days ago. Before that there was no problem about it. It took me a few hours but I could not fix it.
Than I go and read many suggestions on how to manage it. Today, as I had some time, I prepared myself to do some proposed procedures.
But look, at the moment I turned on the controller and then the Phantom - WOW! The live view was perfect and worked properly. So mystery about the issue remains ...?
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules