Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI X5 Focus issue - Only in video mode, focus is sharp in picture mode
2079 6 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidabdel
New

Australia

This is my Issue...
I am using Leica Lens 15mm - In the picture mode I have perfect focus, yet in video mode the focus is soft.
I have calibrated many times, yet it has not fixed the issue.

Some things I have noticed - When in camera mode, I go to the settings to calibrate, when I select calibrate the DJI Go app automatically switches to video mode.
When I switch on the focus peak color (I have attached the pictures - you can see side by side comparison) much more is "in focus" in picture mode, but when I switch to video mode much of the peak color is gone and the picture goes soft.
https://onedrive.live.com/embed? ... key=ABF_29ywlQSvKOY

I then connected the RC to my Ninja Blade to get a clearer picture - once again notice in picture mode how sharp the focus is ( notice the trees and power lines...) yet in video mode these are not clear...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir? ... ;ithint=photo%2cjpg

For the price of the X5, im sure that calibration is really not needed!! :@ Come on DJI, please update the firmware so that either the calibration is much, much simpler or that its already built in ready to go!!

Any idea's on how to fix this issue for now, I have spent well over 4 hours trying to calibrate trying to focus on high contrast items greater than 50m away on various objects with no success....

Thanks

Side by Side - X5 Focus

Side by Side - X5 Focus

Ninja Blade - X5 Focus Peaking

Ninja Blade - X5 Focus Peaking
2015-12-30
Use props
Professional-Mu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119528 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

I have the same issue - 1080p is rubbish... Also talked about it on Facebook group and added pictures from X5 15mm kit lens... Even Mobius and Gopro does better video quality in 1080p than X5...
2015-12-30
Use props
AerialShots
New

Australia

Focus issues - Partly resolved

I came accross a post of someone saying that the issue is with D-Log video mode.
So today I have taken the DJI GO app out of the D-log mode and just used the standard mode. Also it was mentioned to set the ISO above 200 as 100 results in artifacts being introduced into the video.
When I tried this, the video's are coming out great, sharp focus just like the still pictures. The only thing is that im now limited to colour grading post flight but I can live with that for now, hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.
2016-1-9
Use props
Professional-Mu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119528 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

AerialShots Posted at 2016-1-10 01:23
Focus issues - Partly resolved

I came accross a post of someone saying that the issue is with D-Log ...

I need to film in 1080p 50fps but with that, the footage is crap. Its only okay in 4K - but still have to add like 60% sharpen.
2016-1-10
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Welcome to the club of waiting!
I don't know what DJI is doing, but this is really not the right way. No infos, nothing is getting better etc.

We paid a lot of money and get a image quality which is way worser than any consumer cam for some bucks!

PLEASE SPEAK TO US DJI. What the hell is going on with the bad image quality of the X5? When is a fix coming? Whats the problem?

I have just enough of just sitting here and wait! I have customers who want some shots!
2016-1-14
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

domidragon90 Posted at 2016-1-14 04:39
Welcome to the club of waiting!
I don't know what DJI is doing, but this is really not the right way ...

They've addressed the issue in other threads, they said software should fix it and they're working on it. How long that may be, who knows. After all, it is DJI.
2016-1-14
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

I know that theyre working on it. But it's going so damn long...

Do you have a link?
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules