Upadating
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

Can the P3A firmware be updated threw the IPad 2?
2015-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If I understood your question, no, You need to put the latest bin file firmware, on the root, of your included micro sd card in your computer,
then place it back in the camera gimbal to update the Phantom with it.
If you need any assistance doing that, please don't hesitate to ask.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-30
Use props
todor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

You can only update your remote controller via your iPad air2 and the version of DJI GO. The aircraft is always updated via microSD storage card
2015-12-30
Use props
ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

I have a old laptop running XP professional, can that be used? I don't like connecting to the Internet with it because their is no antivirus. I've seen micro card readers for the ipads on eBay would something like that work?
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ccgoodwrench@co Posted at 2015-12-31 06:54
I have a old laptop running XP professional, can that be used? I don't like connecting to the Intern ...

Yes, your old laptop can be use but you do need to connect to the internet with it.
Unless you take a USB SD card reader with micro SD adapter and you can go to an internet cafe or your friends house and download the BIB file from the DJI website and do it that way.
I have the SD card reader for my iPad, but I think it only works as uploading photos and whatnot, not for downloading from the iPad onto it.
2015-12-30
Use props
ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

Thanks, I will try my old laptop, The card readers for the iPad advertise they can download photos to make more space on the iPads, that's what I was looking for since my iPad is almost full and won't even backup because their is no storage space.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ccgoodwrench@co Posted at 2015-12-31 07:07
Thanks, I will try my old laptop, The card readers for the iPad advertise they can download photos t ...

Maybe it will work for photos.
I just tried to download a firmware from the DJI site to my iPad and it does not work. At least not on my stock iPad Air.
2015-12-30
Use props
ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

I forgot to mention their is a app called WinZip,it did download the firmware, but it fails when I unzip it. I don't have a card reader.  The app is free if u want to try that
2015-12-30
Use props
ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

I got my drone updated and everything is working,but I still get a pop up saying to upgrade when I open the app. One thing I did notice I did not get a success on the card, it was abort and said firmware was identical to the file, but it is saying 1.6.40  in the app. It look like P3A took the update flashing red+green and then solid green,on the gamble light and same with switching out my batteries.
I have also notice that the new firmware is labeled P3S.....".1.6.40 does the s mean it is for standard models? I double checked  and downloaded the firmware for proffesonal and advance
2016-1-1
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

ccgoodwrench@co Posted at 2015-12-30 17:54
I have a old laptop running XP professional, can that be used? I don't like connecting to the Intern ...

You should still be able to use XP, but you're not going to have a choice about the internet - you will have to connect to the web to get the firmware update .zip file. Unzip the file and put the .bin file in the root directory of your microSD card. A reader/holder for your SD card can be had very inexpensively.

Unless someone mails you the file, you'll have to access the web to get it.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules