Preview Quality 640 x 480 cuts out after brief period
1062 3 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eldonwong
lvl.1

Canada

I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (version 3).  I connect my iPhone 6+ to it.  When I fly and use 320x240 15fps as my Preview Quality, everything works perfectly.  However, every time I've switched to 640x480 15fps, I only get the higher resolution preview for about 30 seconds or so.  Then it cuts out.  I try to switch the Preview Quality back to 320x240 15fps, but the preview remains as the greyscale still frame of what it saw before it cut out along with a spinning wheel.  I've tried to close the app and reopen.  Still not good.

Everything else seems to work.  The distance, altitude, and speed all seem to be updating.  Battery also seems to be updating.  And I still have full control of the flight.  Just no preview.

Has anyone else experienced this?  
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That's why the 320x240 15fps is the recommended setting, anything higher needs more bandwidth and so can be a problem if you are not close enough to get 100% Wi-Fi signal.
2014-12-29
Use props
eldonwong
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks johnwarr.

However, what I would expect would be that once I lose the preview stream, when I change the settings back to a lower bandwidth setting, it would reconnect.  Or, when I fly the Phantom back closer to me, the stream would reconnect.  

Anyone had similar experiences?  Anyone have any tips other than try to get close enough for "100% Wi-Fi signal"?
2014-12-29
Use props
willfitzwater
New

Australia

eldonwong@gmail Posted at 2014-12-30 09:01
Thanks johnwarr.

However, what I would expect would be that once I lose the preview stream, when I  ...

I have the same problem. anything above 320x240 causes vision feed to break down almost completely, even when my Phantom is on the ground in front of me. Brand new everything including goggles and tablet. Very disappointing as I was looking forward to some great visuals through my fpv goggles.
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules