Several very successful flights and failure to power up
942 16 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
golfrick1
New

United States

Vision plus V3

I had a flight first thing this morning with success. Inspected a roof.  Non eventful landing.

Got to the 2nd location about 4 hours later.  Put the battery in the drone, it turned on made all the proper noises and I did the DJI dance to calibrate at a new site.

I did not get the calibration lights that I needed (green) and powered the unit down to start over.

Now the unit will not power back up.  1 press for 1 second and then for 2. the 4 green lights stay on for a few minutes and then the battery turns off.

I tried with another battery and same thing happens.

The controller and wifi unit are on for all start ups.  They were all powered down and the cycle repeated a number of times and same thing happened.

Any ideas? Nothing found in the trouble shooting section of the manual concerning this issue.
2014-12-29
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

It may not have a thing to do with it, but if you take the battery out and look at the battery contacts within the Phantom, below them there are 2 small pins that stick out, and make contact with the battery as well.  

Make sure one or both of them is not stuck pushed in.  You can push on them with a toothpick or such (non-conductive material) to make sure they do push in and spring back out.

Just a thought.
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

I will look at that.

Here is a youtube link that shows what I get

http://youtu.be/C28_RuvdQiw
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

The pins move in and out just fine.  Tried again after that.  Same result.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

golfrick1 Posted at 2014-12-30 07:03
I will look at that.

Here is a youtube link that shows what I get

Press and release and press and hold until you hear the tones on the Phantom.  You are waiting to long between presses.
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That's NOT how you turn the battery on....
2014-12-29
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

It looks like you're waiting too long after the first push. I do two quick pushes in succession and hold the second one down. It looks like you're entering the battery power check mode and it's turning off before you push it a second time.
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Press once, release and immediately press and hold again until you get the 5 lights and the start up beeps.
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

1) press and release - lights went off

2) press and held - lights stayed on - could see the red light blinking - held about 5 seconds and let go.. the lights went out.  
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

My answers were in response to the video, too many replies in the time I took to post...lol
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

golfrick1 Posted at 2014-12-30 07:10

2) press and held - lights stayed on - could see the red lig ...

Don't wait until the lights go out on the first press. Press. release, press all in 1 second or less.  Hold the second press, don't release.
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

That was it.  I waited too long for press number 2.   BIG SIGH OF RELIEF.
2014-12-29
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

2) press and held - lights stayed on - could see the red light blinking - held about 5 seconds and let go.. the lights went out.  

You're not doing it right. Don't wait for the lights to go out on the first press. That's checking the battery remaining charge level.
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

Thanks.  You made my day.   count me as a novice with only 7 flights.
2014-12-29
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

golfrick1 Posted at 2014-12-30 07:14

Good deal.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

golfrick1 Posted at 2014-12-30 07:14

Everything and everyone has a learning curve.  Happy flying.
2014-12-29
Use props
golfrick1
New

United States

Just so you all know how much it helps me.  This is from an inspection today of a roof.  The plumbing vent cap from the initial build was not removed. BUILT 1998. wonder if they had drainage or odor issues ?!?!? plumbing view 129 N Highview Blvd.jpg
2014-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules