orbit and flight path modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lilewis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7641 ft
United States

I just bouight a Phantom 3 Standard and assumed the orbit, follow-me, and flight path trackingand assumed all were included with the original package price
But it seems that now I have to purchase them each for $29 over and above the cost of the drone.  So now I'm wondering if I bought one of the the more expensive Phantoms would the these modes have been included at no cost?     

2016-1-2
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

i thought those options were just part of the new app? They are paid options?  
2016-1-2
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

I haven't had to pay for them.
2016-1-2
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
United States

jlspitler Posted at 2016-1-2 12:28
I haven't had to pay for them.

Thanks slspitler,
I think I asked the question too soon.   I did see the $29 apps on the Apple store, but I now think they must be 3rd party apps with other functions not on the DJI Go app.
2016-1-2
Use props
jobem
lvl.2

United States

lilewis - these features are available immediately. Well, first make sure you're fully up-to-date with the latest firmware.

I believe that the features are available but hidden or disabled at first. Then you have to turn off beginner mode. Forgive me for not giving more clear instructions here. My drone is in the shop and so I don't have access to it to tell you exactly. But the features are definitely there.
2016-1-2
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
United States

jobem Posted at 2016-1-2 18:27
lilewis - these features are available immediately. Well, first make sure you're fully up-to-date wi ...

I'm sure you are correct.   I was practicing with the simulator and I saw the options, although they weren't available in that mode (because I was in the house/beginners mode
).
2016-1-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

lilewis Posted at 2016-1-3 07:30
I'm sure you are correct.   I was practicing with the simulator and I saw the options, although the ...

On at least some of those new modes (specifically the POI - Point of Interest), you have to be airborn to even start setting them up. On the POI mode, for example, you have to be at a certain minimum height and your "radius" for the circling effect has a minimum length as well. Even with beginner mode turned off, you'll need to be aloft to even get the function started.

I think there's a "sticky" for these "new" modes here on the forum. You might also be able to find helpful information at phantomhelp.com

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-3
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Art.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced