Cliff flying
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitchellhumby
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I need some tips of the trade when it comes to cliff/hill flying and any do's and don't I should know.

I live along the coast and have some amazing cliffs that i'd love to explore and get some amazing shots but i'm worried the different heights will confuse my P3S.

For an example if I am at the top of the cliff and take off will it set where I took off from a 0 meters or will the drone already know its at 200 feet shall we say...  I'm also worried again if I take off from the top off the cliff and I fly down, how will it cope with knowing its gone under the Home point. Will that mess with the RTH, I'm scared if I was down the side off the cliff and selected the RTH will it fly into the side instead off flying up and over?

Any advice, tips and examples of those who have had experince in this area would be greatly helpful

Mitch
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you take off from your home point, that recorded altitude is 0, if you fly off a cliff and go down 100m then you should see a -altitude on the screen. If you have the stock 30m set as the RTH altitude, then if you lose radio contact RTH will kick in and your Phantom will climb to 130m from the bottom of the cliff and head home.
2015-12-31
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 18:57
When you take off from your home point, that recorded altitude is 0, if you fly off a cliff and go d ...

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I am truly loving the techonolgy in these DJI Drones.

Can't wait to get down there
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-1 03:07
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I am truly loving the techonolgy in these DJI Drones.

Can't w ...

Yes, it's pretty amazing the places you can fly and get really cool footage with these things.
2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules