Shall I Upgrade?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wallboy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After using my P2V+ I have noticed the video quality is nowhere near as clear quality of others on Youtube.

While I would love a P3 Pro for the 2.7K or 4K video, its out the question as my computer is not strong enough to play that type of quality file. I tried 2.7K and 4K from my Gopro, 4K was useless and 2.7K was a little better but nowhere near smooth so full HD is the best I can currently edit.

Is it worth upgrading to the P3 Standard for a more clear HD?

Here is one of my videos. It looks ok small but in full screen its not as sharp as others ive seen. The only edit I made was Auto Contrast so it took away the haze.

Here is a video I found that looks much more clear than mine.

2016-1-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I would post on the P3 forum and ask if anyone there went a similar route and what their results were.
There are some good YouTube videos on the adjustments for the P2V+ camera with some good recommendations that may help with your quality.
2016-1-1
Use props
Wallboy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-1 18:26
I would post on the P3 forum and ask if anyone there went a similar route and what their results wer ...

Have posted to P3 page too

Thanks for the advice on Youtube videos. I will go have a look
2016-1-1
Use props
RogersPhotograp
lvl.1
United States

I'm not so sure you would be gaining anything by upgrading because 2k & 4k are nowhere near mainstream so most of your audience will be viewing it in "standard" HD. When the market moves to 4k then you may want to upgrade. Regarding videos you see on youtube: You have to remember that they are doing a considerable amount of "post" including grading and maybe some sharpening. How you encode the final video will have an impact on clarity as well. I would take @Northofthe49th up on his advice and look into adjustments along with sharpening your post prod skills. Save up your pennies ;)

On my 24" monitor in 1080p it doesn't look so bad.
2016-1-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Wallboy,
I found this link, have a look at this, it is really well explained..

2016-1-1
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If you view videos on you tube you will find the majority are HD videos at 1080p. Very few have capability to to the higher level videos. If you shootn1080p correctly and have the lighting correct theynarenawsome and can compete with the higher levels. Don't give up. I drive a Ford and my neighbor a Porsche but the speed limit is still 65!. If you get my drift. I have two Phantom 2 and my video come out HD and beautiful to watch. Have no plans at all upgrading as the 4 k doesn't look a whole lot better. May get a litte kick back about this but do some research and you will get answers from the pros about the differences. Not worth it unless you are a professional shooting commercially and guess what. We don't!
2016-1-2
Use props
frank.aldous
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI GEOFENCING... Looks like  P1 & P2 guys are let off this one as we haven't had a FW for months... And they are discontinued models...
2016-1-2
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

But how is the P3 when film in night?
My P2 have problem to do that i think.
Look like dust on the film when i film in nights :-/
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

frank.aldous@bt Posted at 2016-1-2 23:35
DJI GEOFENCING... Looks like  P1 & P2 guys are let off this one as we haven't had a FW for months... ...

Geofencing is not applied to the products that are not using the DJI GO app
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules