Finally made the purchase
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottbranine
New

United States

Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this hobby.
It has taken me some time and a lot of research to decide on what I wanted. I have read many posts on this forum and they have been very helpful. Thank you to everyone that has posted.
I decided on the Phantom 3 Standard and made my purchase through Adorama. Picked up a bundeled package with an extra battery and hard shell backpack. I can't wait to get it.
I am a long time film and digital photographer living in Kansas. My main area of photography is capturing images of old abandoned farmsteads in the Flint and Smoky Hills regions of Kansas along with landscapes. I intend to use the P3 to create videos of these wonderful old places and the uniques landscape of Kansas. A common misconseption is that Kansas is flat, when in fact most of it is gently rolling hills.
It will be some time before I post any footage, I intend to take my time and learn everything that I can before post any.
This should add a great new tool to my photo hobby.
Take care everyone and Happy New Year.

2016-1-1
Use props
Nathan B
New

United States

Awesome! Welcome to an great (and helpful) group.  -  A thought for those who have not yet purchased a Phantom 3.   

I also purchased a P3 Advanced, and although I love the drone and have shot some incredible footage with it, with 20/20 hindsight I would have purchased the P3 Professional for one reason and one reason only... Although the video I produce and keep is 1080p, with the 4K camera, you can (in post production) crop the 4K image to capture a 1080p section of the video. The example I will use is when shooting a polo match, the players move quickly and are often not well centered in the video. With the larger frame, you can crop the shot to gain a lot more "awe inspiring" footage.

So if you are wavering... food for thought!
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules