How big can you enlartge a photo from PH3, a wall mural
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChoiceGrapX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641677 ft
United States

I've been amazed at the quality of my DJI PH3 and decided totest how big is too big. Well of course it does depend on two things to goSUPER BIG... One is the subject matter and the other is your Photoshop skills.Usually I would not try to enlarge a 12mp file larger than 16x20 and even thanbe worried about grain/noise creeping in and possible destroy the quality ofthe image. With that in mind I chose a wonderful aerial sunset of Punta Gorda'sFishermens Village to go really big.

1st I scaled the image to 150 dpi by 10x20 feet. This was the target size for a wall mural. I use Noise Nija to minimize grain/noise and blend the sky tones. Those are details not needed for a big enlargement. The other details are dark so this took a little more time. Using additional layers I would search for areas that were lost in detail but easy to retouch in the sense of roof tops, building trim and windows. For a roof top I added a layer, do a quick selection, use the eye dropper took to get+j/ADGJZqfcdP8AMYVWHr/uvr+3/HFWNaP/ALwXf9z/AMdC96df73FJRcH96v8Af/8AMr6cUFWb/ehvs/ZHz6nAeauHfp1whUsm/wCO9D9n/eKX/k6vXFkr9/2fp64ULD1/ZyQQWEfmv/yi9x/xif7PTqvX+P8Ak5oe1P8AGtN/Wl/V5f7v+a52l/u8nw9//SLCf+lYP7r7Mf2Ps/Z/Z/yfDNcOfx/Hxdn0f//Z[/img]

Once the image was finished I cropped the image into 24 inchwide strips vertically. Each had an overlapped by 1/4 inch. Later I printedusing my Epson 9890 printer onto Lexjet's Peel-n-Print material. This is anexcellent durable material made of thin cloth that is backed with glue can bereposition. I believe I had 7 or 8 total strips that made the final enlargement.It did take two people to help handle the material. However it did not lay downincorrectly, it was easy to peel off and begin again. Final results was a 10x20 print made from my DJI Phantom 3

2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules