Taking it on Commercial Aircraft
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

I'm thinking of taking my Phantom 3 pro on holiday from Australia to UK and then the USA.  Can anyone give some advice to prepare for this or the drawbacks.

Thanks
2016-1-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You cannot put the batteries into checked luggage, they must be carry on.  May people have taken their Phantoms through security.  I keep my equipment in a DJI hard case back pack.  I have taken it to the airport and checked that it is of legal size to carry on board, which it is.  Also make sure you have the correct electric outlet plug adapters for the charger for the countries you are visiting
2016-1-2
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-3 11:43
You cannot put the batteries into checked luggage, they must be carry on.  May people have taken the ...

Thanks for that.  Do the batteries have to be discharged ?  So I can just take the back pack on as carry-on (obviously with the Ph3 in it)
2016-1-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

rdog Posted at 2016-1-2 21:56
Thanks for that.  Do the batteries have to be discharged ?  So I can just take the back pack on as ...

I have never heard anything about what state of charge the batteries should be in.  I have seen comments about the number of batteries a single person can take on board, but not from a first world airport.  The DJI backpack with contents should go through security.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules