New DJI and GoPro drone coming...
1763 13 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

So apparently the new DJI "Phantom X" is currently in development, no word on release. Also, the GoPro "Karma" is set to be released sometime this year.  DJI hands down is the king of the industry and the Phantom X will likely be awesome.  But, the GoPro Karma will make waves when it arrives.  Can't wait.  

It wouldn't be a surprise if Apple jumps into this market either.  If (more accurately, WHEN) they do,  DJI will be in DEEP trouble....

Last night on 'Shark Tank' all the investors bought 25% of a company that is making a drone called "X-Craft" that flies vertically like a Phantom, but can switch to horizontal flight like an airplane.  Top speed of 60mph and can do autonomous flight with a GS program, has a GoPro mounted on it.  

They showed another product under development called "Phone Drone" that I can see being a huge hit.  Its basically a small drone you put an iPhone in.  It uses the phone's sensors, GPS, battery, etc. to fly missions via pre-programmed app. It'll use the phone's camera for videos/photos and  be the ultimate "follow me" drone when paired with the Apple Watch or Android phones/watch.   

We are literally on the cusp of a huge technology boom in this industry... Amazing stuff.
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-2
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
United States

My wife was. The show is garbage but the drone segment got my attention.
2016-1-2
Use props
buckbee23
lvl.1

United States

The phone drone was legit, I saw that as well last night. However the drone that is supposed to cost 1800... and does not even have its own camera. What a joke. These peeps at shark tank apparently have not seen what dji is capable of (;
2016-1-2
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

If Apple brings  a drone to market, you can have it. I'll buy 3 Inspires, wreck them all fabulously, then buy a fourth to fly forever and still save money!  
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
United States

buckbee23 Posted at 2016-1-2 22:14
The phone drone was legit, I saw that as well last night. However the drone that is supposed to cost ...

Agree 100%.  That one was a complete joke.  Geared more for the RC plane group only.  

Phone Drone will be cool if done right
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-2 22:21
My girlfriend said to me one day , im gonna get netflix for when the baby (her grandson) comes ove ...

Good call. Kids spend too much time bullsh*tting indoors these days.  I was raise outside building forts, shooting squirrels, fishing, you name it.  That's how my boy will be raised too.  
2016-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

davidlwoodall@g Posted at 2016-1-3 14:16
If Apple brings  a drone to market, you can have it. I'll buy 3 Inspires, wreck them all fabulously, ...

Apple already sell the Phantom plus a selection of Parrot drones from their stores here, why spend money designing one of their own.
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

where was the Phantom x announced in development?
2016-1-2
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-3 00:55
where was the Phantom x announced in development?

Irixguy on YouTube was talking about it.  He's a well connected drone hobbyists and P3P enthusiast.  I hadn't heard anything about it or what the official name of the GoPro drone was until watching his vlog
2016-1-2
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.2
United States

http://youtu.be/A6Cb3vnOZJY
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules