Phantom 3 Advanced controller stopped working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ninety Mile
New

New Zealand

I recieved my new Phantom 3 Advanced three weeks ago and have had heaps of connection problems. I am using a new Ipad mini 4 with the controller.

I am turning the system on in the correct sequence and connecting as outlined in the manual. I also have sufficient distance between the aircraft and controller to make sure that is not part of the problem. I am also giving it plenty of time for the aircraft and controller to connect.

Sometimes I have to go through the sequence a few times to be successfull. Once I get connected and get the aircraft in the air I cannot switch from auto to manual mode in the camera view. I would not fly the aircraft at and distance for fear of losing it!!

Now, 4 days ago my controller quit working. I packed it away after fully charging the battery and when I tried to use it the next time it would not turn on. Yes, I am also following the correct procedure for turning on the controller. And, no I will not open the controller and remove the battery as to try a re-boot as I should not have to with a product so new.

I have spoken to DJI about this problem and the tell me it is very unusual and it is probably a bad controller. To be fair, DJI says if I return it to the dealer I purchased it from they will replace the entire system as it is so new. Thats cool!! At least I know they back their product

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

This is my first post, so I apologise if it has posted twice.

Cheers,  Ninety Mile

2016-1-3
Use props
Ninety Mile
New

New Zealand

Ok, so here is what the repair shop told me.

When I sent it for repair the controller would not turn on and I was following correct procedures.

When the repair shop received it 3 days later they said the controller switched on with no problems, however the controller had unblinded from the aircraft. They had no idea why this happened.

They also said they did not experience the connection problem I was having or the problem I was having switching from auto mode to manual mode in camera view or the same and advised me to delete the DJGo app from my iPad mini4 as the first download may have experienced problems.

They test flew the aircraft twice to about 1 kilometre and said it flew exceptionally good.

Obviously there was something wrong that misteriously fixed itself.

Any ideas???
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules