losing connection
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myyellas2k
lvl.1

United States

I got a P3S and each flight I take, i seem to lose connection. Either poor at first, or no signal what so ever.
Its obviously updated to latest firmware
Does it matter what OS I use? (Android/iOS)

I live in a suburb, with houses and trees.... No big buildings or large power lines

I constantly lose connection ,to where it commands the RTH

I havent flown more then 200' away and 300' up yet... Ive chabged locations (my in laws house, my parents, and at my shore house - all eith the same results!

Help me as this is getting pretty annoying and I dont feel confidant in flying it, other then over my house.

Mike -NJ

2016-1-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

There is a great tutorial on Antenna Orientation (see post below mine).  Make sure your antennas  are vertical when holding transmitter.

Also look for any damage on the antenna wires.    Make sure you are flying line of sight with your aircraft as well.  

See if your frequncy is on auto or manual, (HD Icon in dji app screen ) you may have a dirty  channel  ,l would check the transmission rate also ( same screen) might be at to high a setting.  I fly a Phantom pro so I am assuming these basic items to be the same.

Also , maybe you are in a congested frequency enviroment.   Take a ride to the country and see what happens there

Keep us posted.

cheers Donnie

2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the antenna orientation video,
2016-1-4
Use props
myyellas2k
lvl.1

United States

Awesome. Thanks guys- I'll try this next time I get up in the air....
2016-1-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

And do remember, the quoted range is under BEST CASE conditions.  Trees, brush, buildings, all contribute to signal attenuation.  Be sure your antenna(s) are properly oriented at all time.  That means you may have to change them while you fly, especially if you fly directly overhead.
2016-1-4
Use props
Maurits
lvl.1

Netherlands

hi guys,
did you try the windsurfer i heard a lot of very good things about it maybe it can help out as it redirects the signal in the right direction
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules