OSMO gimbal issue
6708 22 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jungle Jim
lvl.1

United States

I've been shooting on the OSMO for about a month now with few problems...then yesterday, I was prompted to download the new firmware via DJI GO. Upon download my OSMO gimbal will not operate. A bit jerking and "limp". DJI GO request I unlock the gimbal which was already unlocked. The gimbal refuses to calibrate. I then attempted to re-upload the OSMO Firmware v1.4.1.80 via the micro SD card. Just getting solid green light and the beep. Doesn't seem to acknowledge the firmware and/or the system will not "see" my gimbal as being unlocked. Any ideas?
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Could you please check the txt files in the SD card? About the led, which led is green light? What kind of beeping sound? For your information, you can check the upgrade guide file. Please upgrade by the SD card.http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
How to Update Firmware
2015-12-25

2016-1-4
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 04:21
Could you please check the txt files in the SD card? About the led, which led is green light? What k ...

I found the instructions for the upgrade not really helpfull. During my Upgrade to 1.4.1.80 the left lamp blinked green and red alternaterly for about 10 Minutes, than both lamps blinked for about 2 minutes like that, than again only the left one . Than both startet to blink red for some seconds before some green and red light came like a Lightshow . After around 14 minutes the right lamp became green and the peep sounds that the upgrade was successful. Checking the txt file there was a confirmation for that.

May be DJI need to write in the upgrade guide, that the Customer need  to remove the microSD before restarting the OSMO.
2016-1-5
Use props
Jungle Jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-4 22:21
Could you please check the txt files in the SD card? About the led, which led is green light? What k ...

Hi Amy,
I just retried to install firmware and it worked fine this time! ( see txt report below)
Unfortunatley same result, after restarting the OSMO I get the right LED blinking green then solid green with " heartbeat" beeping. Then, fan comes on and it seems to overheat and restart. Still no gimbal. It jerks around upon startup and sometimes locks itself at the middle axis. DJI GO still reports a locked gimbal. Not sure where to go from here!
Thanks Amy!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.18.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.00.01.19.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin
Upgrading ...
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jungle Jim Posted at 2016-1-6 02:38
Hi Amy,
I just retried to install firmware and it worked fine this time! ( see txt report below)

Could you please shoot a demo video to indicate your problem? According to the txt, the firmware was successfully updated. It's more like a hardware issue. Please try the following methods:
1) Detach the camera and remove the red plastic slice in the pin base, and then mount it back again.
2) Lock all the axis, start the gimbal, connect the wifi and DJI GO see if there is live video.
3) Try to unlock the axis one by one, after unlock the pan axis, try to pan it by hand and then see if the warning D-D sound still there.
2016-1-5
Use props
Jungle Jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 22:41
Could you please shoot a demo video to indicate your problem? According to the txt, the firmware w ...

1) Detach the camera and remove the red plastic slice in the pin base, and then mount it back again.
did this...do i need to replace the red plastic slice after the test or just lose it?
2) Lock all the axis, start the gimbal, connect the wifi and DJI GO see if there is live video.
tried this and yes the video works. camera itself seems fine.
3) Try to unlock the axis one by one, after unlock the pan axis, try to pan it by hand and then see if the warning D-D sound still there.
tried this but had to change in behaviour

Here's the video requested...
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jungle Jim Posted at 2016-1-7 01:10
1) Detach the camera and remove the red plastic slice in the pin base, and then mount it back agai ...

Have you removed the bin file in the SD card after upgrade? Please remove it and try to format the SD card by the app. If the gimbal is still limp, please contact your local dealer or DJI technical support for repair.
2016-1-6
Use props
Jungle Jim
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-6 21:58
Have you removed the bin file in the SD card after upgrade? Please remove it and try to format the  ...

Yes, no luck with re-formating the card. Same result.
Thanks for your time Amy!
2016-1-8
Use props
Jungle Jim
lvl.1

United States

Jungle Jim Posted at 2016-1-8 08:31
Yes, no luck with re-formating the card. Same result.
Thanks for your time Amy!

...sent the unit to DJI for repair. All good now!
2016-2-10
Use props
Ced007
lvl.1

France

If we have to repair the OSMO after each firmware update, that is really scarry !
2016-2-10
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-10 21:15
If we have to repair the OSMO after each firmware update, that is really scarry !

Yes it's really scary ! I'm waiting for a new and stable firmware, for me v1.0 it's working fine if we except  the 4K problem and the fact that the camera is drifting a bit to the right...
We are all the experimental Osmo users ...
2016-2-10
Use props
picmultiservici
New

Panama

hello, my DJI package osmo opened it and when they lit the cardan not active and this one flashing yellow light, the app is not the picture looks.
thanks

2016-2-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

picmultiservici Posted at 2016-2-13 08:49
hello, my DJI package osmo opened it and when they lit the cardan not active and this one flashing y ...

Hi, have you activated and set up the osmo first? The yellow light on the 'camera status Indicator' (left) solid is SD card error and flashing yellow is SD card busy,
if its the (right) light 'System Status Indicator' solid yellow is the trigger is operated and the gimle is in locked mode.
2016-2-13
Use props
picmultiservici
New

Panama

HELLO, the fan does not turn dji osmo
2016-2-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

picmultiservici Posted at 2016-2-15 00:57

Hi, the fan not turning in the osmo? sometimes a light flick/tap can make fan start
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jungle Jim Posted at 2016-2-11 02:30
...sent the unit to DJI for repair. All good now!

Very glad to hear of the good news!
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ced007 Posted at 2016-2-11 03:15

Easy...That's just an accident! Most of the users can work with the Osmo smoothly. Plus, our service will never stop..
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2016-2-11 04:58
Yes it's really scary ! I'm waiting for a new and stable firmware, for me v1.0 it's working fine i ...

Any of your feedback will be highly appreciated and each step will help us improve the products! We work together! Thank you!
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

picmultiservici Posted at 2016-2-15 00:57

It seems that your Osmo was not powered on. Please check the battery condition.
If it's the first time for you to use the Osmo, please follow the User Manual to start your journey with the Osmo. Follow up the hop-on reminder in the DJI GO App to active your Osmo first.
If you have any problem, please just post to us here. Thanks!
2016-2-15
Use props
picmultiservici
New

Panama

Hi, thanks for the answers, the battery is full, when lit, the lights are on but the range of osmo not turn in the application of DJI osmo black screen appears in the camera image.
thanks
2016-2-15
Use props
pM9eJ4QAdyTn
New

Canada

Needing some helps DJI.  The OSMO was working perfectly this afternoon. I was having battery errors where batteries would not charge on the DJI charger and would not read without constant adjustment and wiggling in the OSMO itself.  I read online to hold down the "shutter, video record and power button" to reset the system.   I held down "photo shutter, video record & power" as advised in the forums.  I didn't realize this reset would deactivate the device as it did.  I was only trying reset the system in hopes of better battery acknoledgement.  Since doing this "reset" my OSMO is dead.  It will only behave as seen in the VIDEO ABOVE.  I tried with the gimbal locked & unlocked.  I attempted to load the DJI GO app but OSMO shuts down after 38 secs.  I formatted a micro SD card and loaded the DJI firmware as instructed.  Tried to install the firmware via micro SD card twice, both times the full battery drained before completion.  I am now completely out of options based on what I've read in this forum and other places online.  HELP!!!
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

pM9eJ4QAdyTn Posted at 2016-9-14 14:09
Need Help With OSMO

Needing some helps DJI.  The OSMO was working perfectly this afternoon. I was h ...

Hi, can you click reply and reply me your email here?  I'll send you a solution for this
2016-9-13
Use props
pM9eJ4QAdyTn
New

Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-14 03:29
Hi, can you click reply and reply me your email here?  I'll send you a solution for this

DavePatterson23@gmail.com  

Hope this solution works!  I'm desperate.  Thanks!
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules