Micro SD card supplied
1020 13 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

"Aircraft state" has been showing "reformatting" for 15 minutes +Clearly this process must have hung - can any one suggest a solution please?
I should also say I have reformatted it via
Windows 8.1 as a full Fat 32 format.
Also -
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best workflow for ingesting "footage" into Final Cut Pro 7
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Could you please tell me what SD card are you using ?
2016-1-5
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-5
Use props
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-5 23:42
Could you please tell me what SD card are you using ?

Lexar 633x 16Gb Micro SD  HC I 10
This is the original card supplied with the Ph3Adv
2016-1-5
Use props
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-6 01:35
I believe it should be a NTSF, as Fat 32 can not write larger files than 2 GIGs...

Will NTSF be suitable for PAL?
2016-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bazzmazz1 Posted at 2016-1-6 08:33
Will NTSF be suitable for PAL?

The file system has no bearing on the choice of PAL or NTSC. The best way to format any SD card it to do it in the camera on the aircraft, it will then set up the directories it requires in the process. You do not gain anything by formatting it in your computer, and there is an increased chance the aircraft will not recognise it.

BTW, it is NTFS, not NTSF. It stands for New Technology File System.
2016-1-5
Use props
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-6 09:31
The file system has no bearing on the choice of PAL or NTSC. The best way to format any SD card it  ...

Once again thanks
Have now acquired a new Lexar 300x micro SDXC UHS-1 64GB CARD Class10 which I was told was suitable only to discover that the DJI supplied card is a 633x
Is this new 64GB suitable and after inserting it and switching on RC and then Ph3 what would the next best step be
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

bazzmazz1 Posted at 2016-1-6 05:31
Lexar 633x 16Gb Micro SD  HC I 10
This is the original card supplied with the Ph3Adv

Have you tried restarting the aircraft and reformatting it again ?  And as Geebax suggestted ,  it's always recommended to format the SD card in your aircraft .
2016-1-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

bazzmazz1 Posted at 2016-1-5 22:17
Once again thanks
Have now acquired a new Lexar 300x micro SDXC UHS-1 64GB CARD Class10 which I wa ...

Once you turn on the drone, open camera view the first screen will open on its own.scroll to the bottom, and you will see at the very bottom, the line which says Remaining Capacity Format button and a number which represents Megabites remaining of memory on the current sd card in gimbal.
Press Format.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-5
Use props
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you everybody - I have now successfully reformated via aircraft.
Issues still remaining are:
1. How to unscrew standard lens filter to replace with aftermarket filters? - Have been supplied some filters said to be suitable for Ph3Adv but they require removal of the standard lens filter
2. Any suggestions for capturing/ingesting  Ph3Adv "footage" for editing in Final Cut Pro 7?
3. What is the use for the Micro USB port on the aircraft itself and the Micro USB port on the camera platfrom
2016-1-7
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Bazzmazz1 -

could you clarify please what you mean by standard lens filter?  I see no included filter on or with the P3A I received this week - only the clear film lens protector ( I assume that should be removed before taking photos or videos with the camera - the user manual and quick start guide says nothing about it ).

DJI-Patrick -

The 16GB micro-SD card I received with the P3A shows circa 16GB available in the DJI GO app but refuses/fails formatting from there.  It is also unrecognised in the tablet, which suggests formatting it, but also fails.  When I use USB to connect the tablet to the PC, the micro-SD card is not even seen by Windoze Explorer.  

I have ordered a micro-SD reader/converter, which at GBP £0.99 inclusive of P&P makes me think it is an item that should be shipped with the aircraft (especially as here in the UK we pay £699 not $699 for the P3A - i.e. in the UK it is USD $1118 not USD $699 for the P3A).  Feels a bit cheap by DJI to not include items like a combo lens cap and gimbal clamp (£0.99 inclusive of postage FROM CHINA), a remote controller neck sling (£2.99 inclusive of postage FROM CHINA), and the micro-SD reader/converter.
2016-1-21
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I have a P3S.   It came with an 8GB SD card in the camera.

The first couple of flights using that SD card produced video that was choppy and glitch.

I replaced it with a high-speed 32GB SD card, and haven't had video problems since.

Also, in experimentation,  the P3S will not accept an NTFS formatted card.  I get "SD Card Error" when inserting an NTFS formatted SD Card.
It does accept FAT32 format - although I get a recommendation (on DJI GO) that the card should be reformatted in the aircraft.  Which I did - reformatting a 32GB Card in my drone, took less than a minute.

Sid
2016-1-21
Use props
bazzmazz1
lvl.1

Australia

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-1-22 03:54
Bazzmazz1 -

could you clarify please what you mean by standard lens filter?  I see no included fil ...

The standard uv  lens filter/protector unscrews and once u have achieved that you can fit various other ND filters instead as well as polariser filters
But I must say it took some really strong hands to do this without damaging the camera
2016-2-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bazzmazz1 Posted at 2016-2-29 20:16
The standard uv  lens filter/protector unscrews and once u have achieved that you can fit various  ...

It is actually quite easy, but there is a trick to it. Usually you are tempted to grab hold of it too tight, that distorts the filter and it then binds on the thread. It can easily be removed by grabbing it lightly with three fingers, and long as you don't try to squash it. Using rubber gloves also helps.

Also, in case the message has not got across, ALWAYS format the SD card in the aircraft, it KNOWS what format to use, you may not. And in doing the format in the camera, it also sets up all the files and hidden directories it needs.
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules