FPV Setup Problems
972 3 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fightermaverick
lvl.1

United States

Hello all! First post!

I recently did a host of upgrades to my Phantom 2 V3 which included upgrading and boosting the controllers range with a wifi extender, and internally installing a Datalink along with my existing IOSD Mini that was already on the inside of the quad. To make some more space i got a plug and play cable for the IOSD mini and then proceded to replace my Boscam transmitter with a much more powerful ImmersionRC 600MW Transmitter. In my haste to install it i fried the cam port on the circuit board and ended up replacing that with no problems, soldering and all. Now the Immersion gets power but i cant get a solid picture on my old 7CH screen like i could with my Boscam, even if i switch back to the boscam and rearange the wires correctly I get great picture with all my IOSD mini data, but nothing with the Immersion. Could my screen be too old? Could the antennas not be working with each other? Currently rocking the Fat Shark Patch antenna on my screen which works wonderfully with the Boscam. By the way I am also using the HD-2D so there is no anti interference board. Any ideas? Im totally stumped.
2016-1-5
Use props
fightermaverick
lvl.1

United States

As a side note everything is mounted internally (IOSD mini, Datalink, even the leg CAM bus port is inside the phantom) the only things on the outside are the Immersion Transmitter, the gimbal and the GoPro Hero 3+
2016-1-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

A sounds as though you are getting video feed via the ISOd  mini data so that would indicate that the video feed is transmitting properly. The question then is if the immersion is transmitting video and are you receiving it. Go back and check to see how those tow are suspose to kink and verify that the signal is being transmitted.
2016-1-6
Use props
fightermaverick
lvl.1

United States

Im sorry that last bit is slight confusing to me. Like i said I'm confident that everything on the quad itself is fine since i can use my boscam with no problems, the Immersion is brand new and when i originally thought i had fried it i bought another so I had two to test which i did and both produced the same results. Could it be that my screen is too old and can't pick up the immersion? It doesn't really have a brand name but its old enough that it doesn't have a search button just switches on the back. Ive tried messing with the switches on the screen and the immersion itself to no avail. What exactly are you saying about the kink in the cord? That is the confusing part to me.
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules