Disconnects During Flight: Does RTH Still Work?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tetuanrp.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Almost every flight, if I go far enough (700/800 feet), then drone will lose Remote Signal, then often goes into Disconnected (Grey indicator on App). The drone will just hover, until I can get closer towards it to get a signal again.

I assumed that after a period of time, the drone if disconnected will return to home, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I have to walk towards it (sometimes a few hundred feet), till I'm close enough for a signal.

Is this normal to go into "Disconnected" status? It's a P3Standard, 2 weeks old with firmware updated.
2016-1-5
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like it is set to hover rather than RTH in settings. Change it to RTH in the app and make sure you set the RTH height to a safe altitude for the area.

Tony
2016-1-5
Use props
tetuanrp.gmail
lvl.1
United States

It's definitely set to RTH. I think it's an android issue, read some forums about it.
2016-1-5
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

If it is within 20mtrs it should just land, over 20mtrs it should RTH and land...

Tony
2016-1-5
Use props
tetuanrp.gmail
lvl.1
United States

https://m.reddit.com/r/djiphantom/comments/3gqm5z/new_android_dji_go_app_disconnected_during_flight/
2016-1-5
Use props
tetuanrp.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Disconnected is different. I think that's the app disconnecting from the RC? So I should be able to still fly the P3 I'm assuming,  but not positive. Seems like a bug
2016-1-5
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

What version app are you using and what firmware?

Tony
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm the HomePoint is recorded when taking off . The aircraft can't return to the homepoint when GPS signal is weak .
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules