Please Help! Landing gear...
1460 9 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Automatically lowers during flight. Yesterday I took my bird out for a quick flight. Running 1.5, full battery, temp was around 30F, system checks were nominal before take off. Was hovering at about 15-20m when the landing gear lowered unprompted. I manullly raised it, checked the app and still all green. It did it again about 5 mins later still hovering but in a different location. Altitude was still well above VPS's range. At that point I landed immediatedly. No obvious indication of a problem.

Anyone else experience this issue? Up to this point the bird has perfomed as expected.

I also want to add that the battery was warm and I was using the foam insulators.
2016-1-6
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps something physically obstructed with the VPS?
2016-1-6
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-7 02:19
Perhaps something physically obstructed with the VPS?

That's the first thing I checked. Didn't find anything. Just to be sure I blew a little compressed air in there.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it does not clear up with some cleaning and compressed air, then it would have to be sent in for repair.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah, this is the first I have heard of landing gear doing this.

Dave
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-7 03:45
Are you suggesting that it is safe to use compressed air near the ultrasonic transducers?

I've us ...

i was told low volume compressed air would be fine, not high pressure with the nozzle right on the VPS.
2016-1-6
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
United States

Good suggestions by all. I will test again when weather permits and post the results.
2016-1-6
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

jones5r Posted at 2016-1-7 01:10
Good suggestions by all. I will test again when weather permits and post the results.

I just purchased my Inspire 1 Pro about a month ago, and right out the box it has been lowering the landing gear mid flight (200+feet). No clue how the fix it though. It seems to do it about every 3 flights.
2016-3-26
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

jones5r Posted at 2016-1-7 06:10

Did you clear this up.  Never heard of this issue on the forum before so please keep us updated if clearing with compressed air resolved the issue.
2016-3-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

rich3759@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-26 23:46
I just purchased my Inspire 1 Pro about a month ago, and right out the box it has been lowering th ...

If you are flying over ground that does not have contrast it can confuse the VPS sensor.  If you are flying over normal surfaces that have contrast I suggest gently cleaning the VPS sensor.  Also you can turn off the "Self adaptive Landing Gear " IN the Go app, just remember you must manually drop the gear when landing.  I hope this helps, also look in the search tool for many times this topic has been touched upon, you may be able to glean some more information there as well.  Your questions are ALWAYS  welcome though.

-donnie
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules