Phantom 3 Pro Alarm sound when powering up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Hey guys,

I just got my P3P back from DJI repair.  I powered everything on a moment ago.  There sas an update needed for the RC & battery.   I let it do its thing.  Now when I power it on, I'm getting this eery Alarm sound.  I've powered it off several times and tried another battery with the same result.  Please let me know what's wrong.  See video.

2016-1-6
Use props
JD2092
lvl.3

United States

Video looks to be set to private.  Cant view it.
2016-1-6
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Update:  I let that Alarm sound go on for about 5 minutes just to see if it fix itself and it finally went to the normal beeping that you would hear during a firmware update.

Can one of the DJI guys tell me what that Alarm sound means?
2016-1-6
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Sorry about that.  Please try to view the video again.  Should be fixed now.

Update:  All is good.  I have version 1.6 on and its working so far.    I would still like to know what that Alarm sound was though.  I've never heard that in previous firmware updates.

Thanks.
2016-1-6
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

I think I found the answer to my own question after searching and finding another person that had the same issue.  At some point I must have interrupted the update process.  When I got it back from DJI today, they had v 1.5 on it.  I figured all I had to do was update each battery.  Thinking it was done, it wasn't. A moment ago,  I went ahead and put v 1.6 on right away.  Everything is now current.

This is what they wrote below:
"I had this problem as well - it came up when I interrupted the upgrade.
I formatted the SD c ard and placed a new bin file - still when rebooting the phantom that 1 sec loud noice was still present but I decided to wait it out and after 20 sec or so the light started flashing red/green on the camera. Still loud nice present. After about 10 min the loud noice dissapeared and after additionally approx 10 min the upgrade was successfull."
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules