How to Delete photos from SD card ?
5836 5 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotS61
New

United States

How to Delete photos from SD card ?  If I delete from camera will that del. filmware.

Thanks

2016-1-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

You can put the card in a usb reader and access it as a disk drive or format it from the DJI app. You do not need to keep the firmware on the sd card you are using in your drone for your photos.
2016-1-6
Use props
PilotS61
New

United States

sifu128 Posted at 2016-1-6 15:17
You can put the card in a usb reader and access it as a disk drive or format it from the DJI app. Yo ...

I tried to DEL from card reader, but it would not give option to DEL. only to format......so I'll do it from app. I was worried about firmware.

Thanks again.  
2016-1-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Put the sd card in your reader and it will get assigned a drive letter. Open that drive and if you are on a mac just highlight all the files you want gone and move to trash bin or on pc hit your delete key
2016-1-6
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

PilotS61 Posted at 2016-1-7 07:28
I tried to DEL from card reader, but it would not give option to DEL. only to format......so I'll  ...

Sikorsky Pilot,
  The firmware bin file is placed on the SD card and put into the camera just so that it can be installed to the various P3 components that are driven by the firmware. After your P3 is updated, the bin is no longer needed to remain on the Card and unless you have videos or photos that you want to keep, it's perfectly safe to reformat the SD Card. There is a file transfer capability built into the GO App, but the files are usually so large that it's easier to just take the SD Card over to your computer and transfer them manually using your card reader. After you've save the photos/videos, it's easiest to just put the SD Card back into the camera and them format it using the GO App. Reformatting will erase the hidden index and thumbnails that would not otherwise be deleted.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

I'd give Terry an upvote . The firmware file becomes useless once you finished updating .  
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules