o(^-^)o
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

On someone's preflight checklist I see this

Check:
RC Exp & Gain (0,5-0, 4-0,5)
IMU Values (0, 1, 1400-1600)

Can someone explain what these numbers mean, as in where I would find them in the app to make sure they are correct and what they are?  A picture would help a lot on the screen where to find them.  I think I figured out the IMU values part I think they mean:

Gyro MOd should be 0, Acc MOd should be 1, and the Compass MOD should be 1400-1600  Is this correct?  Still dont know what the RC EXP & Gain Numbers mean.

2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Expo/Gain is totally your preference. Me personally, I like a docile mushy feeling. I have all my expos at .2 so it's more stable at center stick. And all my Basic gains at 75 and vertical at 100. This is only my preference because I don't want a race car feeling and jumpy video.
2016-1-7
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

So where are the values found and what are the defaults?  Also was I correct on the other values?
2016-1-7
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

Anyone that can help out with this?
2016-1-8
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Ryano305 Posted at 2016-1-7 13:59
So where are the values found and what are the defaults?  Also was I correct on the other values?

Good questions. There is no Go app manual that I'm aware of, so some things it's best to browse around the app.
In the general settings page of the GO app you find the sensors.
The gyro and accel readings are normally zero if the aircraft is not moving on all 3 axis ( x,y,z)
I don't know what Mod means but as you say compass Mod should be close to 1500.
IIn the Go app General settins is also Gain and Expo
I'm not sure what default gains are but I think it shows there ( don't have mine here)

I believe the Expo default show as well and as Ken said you can adjust them to slow the stick reaction at different points. eg. start of stick movement or end of movement.
Just remember this video.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-24309-1-1.html
Hope this helps
2016-1-8
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Ryano305 Posted at 2016-1-7 11:59

Look under sensors in the app for IMU values.
The gain settings are under calibration settings i think. Never changed the stick gains myself
2016-1-8
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryano305 Posted at 2016-1-9 01:03
Anyone that can help out with this?

Take a look at this post from DJI-Tim:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-38931-1-1.html

Pretty much covers it all for you...