Question regarding flight data from Craft
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

I apologise if a related thread with this information has already been posted. I could not find anything specific to my query below:

I had a recent crash with my P3P and have submitted data to support for review but would like to determine as much understanding myself as well.
I have copies of the Craft Data as well as the flight logs from the DJI Go App

My question is regarding the data stored on the craft downloaded through the app "Enter Flight Data Mode"
I have utilised the mapsmadeeasy and healthydrones facilities, but since my data from the DJI Go App is incomplete (due to whatever caused the problem) and the FLYXXX.DAT data appears complete, I would like to know if the data stored on the aircraft (FLYXXX.DAT) stores data specific to ACTUAL Remote Controller inputs received. I understand they (both Craft and App) do store telemetry, but does it store the actual instructions sent from the remote controller?

In other words: Can I establish reasonably whether a crash is due to Pilot Error / Other from the data stored?
NB. Note "Other" could be a variety of scenarios which is not really in question here.
2016-1-7
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Sadly the healtydrones site has a 6meg limit on uploads and the .dat's gets HUGE pretty quickly.
Wonder if there's a tool somewhere that enable's us to study them?
Microsoft Access is worth a shot though, I'll see if I can find a dat file somewhere in the forums and give it a go
2016-1-7
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

Thanks Balthazar.
Healthydrones does not appear to accept the DAT files. I have only found MapsMadeEasy accepts them but the output reflects only telemetry data (csv) , Google Map flight path view, Altitude and Velocity graph.
I was hoping to get pretty much the same outputs that the DJI Go App Flight Log function does in that you can view what the stick movements were throughout the flight, since I suspected it was due to Pilot Error.
Since my actual flight logs from the DJI Go App actually stop a second or two before I had the problem I could not use it to confirm my theories regarding the reasons for the crash.
However Support has come back to me confirming Pilot error but would be nice to be able to see this type of information for myself, rather than putting undue pressure on the Support team.
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules